Software and app updates related to 'newsletter'
CLZ Alwin here, with your CLZ news for April 2021.
Here in the Netherlands things are looking up, albeit slowly. The evening curfew has been lifted, shops can be visited without appointments and restaurants and bars are allowed to open up their outdoor terraces between noon and 18:00.
For the CLZ team, it’s business as usual, with some nice releases this April, and more big projects coming to an end soon:
- Released this month:
- Movie/Book/Game Collector 21.2 for Windows: New Link with Core screen
- Comic Collector 21.1: Download values in other currencies
- CLZ Books 6.3: New fields, website links and: other currencies!
- Coming up:
- Music/Comic Collector for Windows: New Link with Core screen
- CLZ mobile apps: big “cosmetic” update with a new look
- Music Connect/Cloud: new fields
- Re-design for the core.collectorz.net Submit to Core site
[CLZ News] Big updates of all mobile & web editions, Automatic Audience Ratings for Movie Connect/Collector
Welcome to the CLZ News for Feb 2021, as always brought to you by me, CLZ Alwin.
In the Netherlands, the lockdown with curfew has been extended, so that’s not going in the right direction yet. In two weeks, on March 13, we will be “celebrating” our 1 year anniversary of the entire CLZ Team working from home. Crazy, right?
But we will have to deal with the situation, so we’ll just focus on bringing you lots of improvements for your software!
This month we sure managed to get a lot of updates out: 1 for Windows, 6 for Connect, 5 for iOS and 5 for Android.
The topics today:
- Movie Collector/Connect: Automatic Audience Ratings from IMDb
- Connect web-based software: 3 new settings to save screen space
- CLZ mobile apps: Big updates with various improvements
- What’s cooking?
Here’s the Jan 2020 edition of the Collectorz.com Newsletter, as always brought to you by CLZ Alwin. No rest for the wicked, as we started 2020 with five big v20 releases for all five Collector programs for Windows. Read on for an overview of what went live this month, plus some sneak preview “what’s cooking” items.
Let’s start with the coolest:
Collectorz.com on AMC NewsWatch TV!
Last Monday, AMC’s NewsWatch TV program had a short feature about Collectorz.com, giving an overview of our products and services, with a focus on the CLZ Books mobile app.
Watch the “CLZ on NewsWatch” video here:
What’s Live and what’s Cooking?
- Collector desktop software:
- Live: V20 for Windows: Folder panel improvements + new Statistics screen
- Cooking: Improved movie file cataloging for Movie Collector Windows
- CLZ mobile apps:
- Live: CLZ Comics 5.1: Better barcode scanning!
- Live: CLZ Music 5.2: New Statistics screen
- Cooking: Sort and search your folder list.
- Cooking: Report unrecognized barcodes, straight from the CLZ Comics app.
- Connect web-based software:
- Live: Improvements to Edit and Add screens
- Live: Faster loading of images through WebP image format
- Cooking: All settings stored server-side, no more cookies
This is CLZ Alwin, taking a quick break from answering Black Friday Sale related questions, to bring you the CLZ News for November 2019.
My wife Sytske and I are currently handling over 200 support tickets each day (!!), most of them about the sale, providing product info and buying advice, fixing wrong orders, helping with problems, etc…
No complaints though, the Black Friday Sale is a huge hit again, because up till now over 5 thousand users (!!) have already grabbed this opportunity to renew their subscriptions and to subscribe to more apps and software! If you haven’t yet, don’t miss out, there’s just 3 days left!
The CLZ Newsletter for November 2019
Okay, with that out of the way, back to the news. Busy times at the CLZ HQ with Team Desktop preparing for the upcoming Vee Twenty (v20), for both Windows and macOS (ETA: within a few weeks, at least before the end of the year). So that means no Windows or Mac updates this month 🙁
In the meantime, our 3-headed Team Web is making big steps on the Connect web-based software again (inc. track search for Music Connect!!), consolidating Connect’s status as the preferred solution for use on your computer or laptop.
Two big updates from Team Mobile too, with new fields for CLZ Music and CLZ Books.
So let’s go over the Connect and CLZ Mobile updates in November:
- Connect web-based software:
- Music Connect: Search box now searches your tracks too!
- Improved Statistics pages
- New Breadcrumb / Filter bar
- Create your own multi-level-folder favorites
- CLZ mobile apps::
- CLZ Books and CLZ Music: more editable and syncable fields
CLZ Alwin here, with the CLZ News for January 2019.
Most of the CLZ Team is working on long-term, big projects, which meant there were very few releases this month. So let’s go over these releases and then do a “What’s Cooking” overview!
- Several tweaks and fixes for all five v19’s for Windows
- Multiple collections in the Connect web-based software
- What’s Cooking??
- v19 for macOS
- v5 for all CLZ mobile apps
- CLZ Shop update
- Several “Core” projects
This June 2018 newsletter is all about the extra fields that we added to the movie, comic and music editions of Connect, the CLZ Cloud syncing and the CLZ mobile apps, all based on your requests and suggestions in the past few years.
But first, a quick reminder of this week’s CLZ Summer Sale (3 days left!):
CLZ Summer Sale: Pre-pay for 1 year and get 6 extra months free!
This week only, for all Update Plans and Connect subscriptions:
Pre-pay for 1 year and get 6 extra months free!
More fields for Cloud, Connect and CLZ mobile apps
For many years, the CLZ Cloud has been at the center of all our cataloging solutions. Starting out basic, with most of the details shared from our Core, but through time enhanced with more and more cloud fields, so that you can sync your own data between desktop, mobile and Connect.
Adding new fields to the CLZ Cloud is a *lot* of work, as it requires changes to the cloud storage itself, to the Connect web-apps and to the syncing system. Then when that’s done, all desktop programs and mobile apps need to updated to support the new sync fields. Quite a project, involving *all* CLZ developers.
To make this as efficient as possible, we usually bundle the field additions, doing all requested fields in one go. Last year, the CLZ Clouds for books and games have received a big upgrade with extra fields, plus we added track list syncing to the music cloud.
Now it is time to add a lot of fields to the movie, comic and music editions:
New fields for movie cloud:
- Is TV Series (yes/no)
- Release Date
- Audience Rating
- IMDb Number
- IMDb Rating
- Box Set
All of the above fields are now fully editable in Movie Connect, fully editable in CLZ Movies and now sync your own data between Movie Collector, CLZ Movies and Movie Connect. Of course this requires the latest versions of Movie Collector and CLZ Movies.
New fields for comic cloud:
- Story Arc
- Cover Price
- Cover Date
All of the above fields are now fully editable in Comic Connect, fully editable in CLZ Comics and now sync your own data between Comic Collector, CLZ Comics and Comic Connect. Of course this requires the latest versions of Comic Collector and CLZ Comics.
New fields for music cloud:
- Original Release Date
- Media Condition
- Vinyl Color
- Vinyl Weight
- Disc Titles
- Composer Sort Names
All of the above fields are now fully editable in Music Connect.
Updates to support the new fields are coming up for all Windows, Mac, iOS and Android editions, within 4 weeks.
New in Connect: selection checkboxes and action bar
A cool user interface update for the Connect software, in which we makes it easier to select items and easier to perform batch actions on the selected items.
Select using checkboxes
To select items, just click the checkboxes on the left of each entry in the list. Checkboxes are also available in Card View and Images View, just hover your mouse over an item.
No more need to go into “Select Mode” first. The Select Mode is automatically activated as soon as you checkbox the first movie, clearly indicated by the blue Batch Action Bar that replace the regular toolbar.
Batch Action Bar
While in Select Mode, the blue Batch Action Bar appears, always showing you the number of selected entries. Also:
- Use the “Select all” checkbox to select all entries in the current list in one go
- Use the “x Cancel” button on the right to leave Select Mode
- And of course, use any of the action buttons (Edit, Delete, Print, Export, Duplicate and Loan) to perform an action on the selected items
New in Movie Connect: Automatically add multi-movie box-sets
Yes, this time-saving tool finally made it to the Connect edition!
See it in action:
Just use the enhanced Add Movies screen to find a box set, either by title or by barcode, and our Core immediately shows which movies are in the box. Click Add to Collection at the bottom right and all contained movies will be added to your database, automatically linked by a box set entry.
This is Alwin, with the final CLZ Newsletter for 2017. December is always a busy month here at the CLZ HQ, but this December was particularly crazy, with all the v18 for Windows releases.
Our support guys and gal have been handling over 100 support requests every day since early December. Add to that this week’s Connect updates plus a Year End Sale and we’re up to 150 tickets each day 🙂
But no worries, it’s not just all work and no play 🙂 On December 23, the entire CLZ Team and their families visited the local Dutch theme park “De Efteling”! We had a great day, with cool rides, great food and a lot of laughter.
Our newsletter topics for December 2017:
- Now live: version 18 for all Windows editions
- Now live: a new look for all Connect editions
- Now live: a new Add Movies screen in Movie Connect
- Year-End-Sale: Get Connect for 1 year, get 6 extra months free
- Coming up: Auto-Cloud-Syncing for all iOS and macOS editions
2018 is coming closer, which means: version 18 is coming up! First, for the Windows editions (early December), then for all Mac editions (early January). For both, the main attraction will be: Automatic CLZ Cloud syncing! Full details below.
The topics of this November 2017 CLZ Newsletter:
- Coming up: Automatic CLZ Cloud syncing
- Coming up: version 18 for all Windows editions
- Now live: updates for all mobile apps, with several Add screen improvements
This is CLZ Alwin. After a crazy Black Friday Sale, everything’s quieting down here again 🙂 Thank you all for renewing or extending your Update Plans!
(tip: watch your inbox for news on further holiday season deals)
These are this month’s releases:
- New Collectorz.com shop at Shop.CLZ.com
- New MyCLZ site at My.CLZ.com
- Book Collector and CLZ Books: Dealing with “Unrecognized ISBNs”
- New Add screens for iOS editions of the CLZ mobile apps
- Entering/editing track lists in CLZ Music
Nowadays, most CLZ projects are related to Core, Cloud and Connect, so it’s about time we extended our web-dev team. This month we welcomed two new junior web-developers, Eline and Joe, which brings the CLZ team to 12 people!
A perfect example of a huge web project, completed this month: CLZ Cloud syncing of your track lists, of course resulting in updates of all our music cataloging tools, for desktop, mobile and web.
If you’re using Music Collector and CLZ Music, these are must-have updates!
All topics for today:
- Eline and Joe have joined our web-development team
- Music Collector + CLZ Music: Cloud Sync your own track lists!
- Book Collector for Windows: Easily add books that come up as “Unrecognized ISBN”
- Movie Collector for Mac: more improvements to Add Automatically screen.
- Search-As-You-Type suggestions for movies/comics/games now live in more apps
At the CLZ HQ, the vacation period is over, so we’re back on track. A stream of cool new releases has already started, with many more to come:
- Movie Collector 16.4 (PC) / 16.1 (Mac): a quicker way to add movies by title.
- CLZ Books 4.3 for Android: a new “Material” look, plus Light and Dark skins.
- Coming up for iOS: complete re-design/re-build of the Add from Core screen.
- The FAQ’s this month.
At the CLZ HQ, we are in the middle of the holiday season. Most CLZ team members are having a few weeks off these months, one after the other mostly. However, with a bit of planning, we’re still managing to make good progress in all areas.
These days, the focus is on mobile (iOS and Android) and on the new “Search As You Type” for movie title searches. So not surprisingly, these are the main topics for today.
Next to that, I am introducing a new recurring newsletter section: The FAQ’s this month.
- Now live, v4.2 for Android and iOS: Manage Pick Lists, Edit SortNames and more.
- Try it live now: Search-as-you-type suggestions for movie titles.
- The FAQ’s this month.
All our software editions (online, desktop and mobile) revolve around two important online services: CLZ Core and CLZ Cloud. Which means that many new software features start with months and months of preparation by our web-development team.
At the moment, our web guys have two of these “preparation” projects going on, both preparing for a future feature, one for the music editions only (track list syncing!), one that will make adding new entries much quicker (search-as-you-type). Read about both below…
The news topic today:
- Now live: v16.3 for all Windows versions, with Skins and a Quick Filter Panel.
- Coming up: Manage Pick Lists screen for all mobile apps.
- Preparing: Track list editing and syncing for CLZ Music and Music Connect.
- Preparing: Search-as-you-type in all Add screens.
CLZ Alwin here, with the CLZ News for May 2016.
This month we saw great progress in some areas, but delays in others:
A nice feature update for iOS, but some technical difficulties on Android, causing delays in getting the same features out for droid fans. (we did add the requested No-Limits packs for both though!).
An improved Core search engine for movies (now live in all movie editions), but further delays in launching the new v16.3 versions for Windows.
Here’s what’s live and what’s cooking:
- Live: Better Add By Title searches for movies.
- Live: Easier editing and Field Defaults for the iOS apps.
- Live: new “No Limits” purchase option for all iOS and Android apps.
- Cooking: Quick Filter panel + Light vs Dark Skin options for the Windows programs.
This is Alwin, of Collectorz.com, with this month’s CLZ Newsletter.
April was a quiet month, that is, in terms of big releases. However, at the CLZ HQ it has not been quiet at all, as we’re working on some great updates, all to be released within the next 4 weeks:
- Windows editions: Quick Filter panel + Light vs Dark Skin options
- iOS apps: Field Defaults screen + Re-designed Edit screens.
- Android apps: new folder options.
- Core : improved “Add by Title” searches for all editions.
This is Alwin, bringing your the CLZ News for March 2016.
This month, something extraordinary happened, something rarely seen in the software world: We finished a project 1 month earlier than planned! (the v4 apps for Android).
We were planning to release CLZ Movies 4.0 early April, then use the rest of April to bring the rest of the Android apps to v4 level. But it’s March 31 today and all of the v4 updates are live already 🙂
This newsletter gives you all you need to know about these v4 releases, plus I’ll tell you what’s cooking for our desktop and mobile editions:
- Five v4.0 updates for Android, now free to try.
- What’s cooking for Windows?
- What’s cooking for Mac?
- What’s cooking for iOS and Android?
This is Alwin, of Collectorz.com. In this Feb 2016 newsletter, I have news for you about 14 (!!!) new software versions!
- Five v4.0 updates for iPhone/iPad, finally live (phew…).
- Four v16.0 updates for Mac, with a Card View, a new clean-up tool, better backups, etc..
- Five v16.2 updates for Windows, also bringing the new Card View.
Welcome to the first 2016 CLZ Newsletter!
I (Alwin) and the rest of the CLZ Team are already well underway to make 2016 into a great year, with lots going on for all our online, desktop and mobile editions!
At this very moment, Ronald is working on 16.1 versions for all Windows programs, which will bring an extra new view for the main screen, ETA early March.
At the same time, Patrick is working on the same feature for the Mac OS X editions, to be released in the v16.0 updates, also planned for launch early March.
While Ronald and Patrick are working on future updates of the desktop software, our mobile dudes Pim and AJ are generating serious action on the mobile front.
In fact, the current and upcoming v4 updates are so important that the rest of this newsletter is all about the mobile apps. Here’s why:
Wait, a CLZ Newsletter this early in the month?
Yep, because this week we’re celebrating our 15th anniversary!
As some of you know, I (Alwin) had been working on Music Collector in my spare time since 1996. But in December 2000, I quit my day job, founded the Collectorz.com company and finally got to work on the Collectorz products full-time!
This is the November 2015 edition of the Collectorz.com Newsletter, with two announcements for important December releases. But first …
It’s Black Friday! So don’t forget our CLZ Black Friday sale:
»» Get a 1 year Update Plan or Connect subscription and get 6 months FREE! ««
(this sale ends on Cyber Monday, so 4 days left!)
Okay, back to the CLZ News. These are today’s topics:
- Coming up in December:
- Version 16 aka QuickSilver for Windows and Mac OS X.
- CLZ Movies 4.0 for iOS.
- New CLZ.com website, the home of our mobile apps.
- CLZ Server Upgrades: Faster title searches and image downloads.
It’s the end of October, so the busiest months in the cataloging world are coming up. As usual, we have lots of cool stuff planned for December and January: big updates for desktop and mobile, server upgrades, maybe even a Sale.
Here’s an overview of this months releases, plus some insight into what’s going on at the CLZ HQ:
- Music Collector v15.4 for Mac: More intuitive main screen behaviour
- Comic Collector v15.5 for Windows: Better support for TPBs and Pull Lists
- CLZ Server Upgrades: Progress Report
- What else is cooking?
This is Alwin, with your monthly dose of CLZ news. And it’s a big dose this time.
September was quite crazy for us, with multiple desktop and mobile releases, an ongoing server upgrade project and, unexpectedly, having to deal with problems caused by 3rd party software updates:
- Five 15.4 updates for Windows, with re-designed Field Selection screens.
- Three 15.4 updates for Mac, with a more intuitive behaviour of the main screen.
- Updates to all movie-related tools, now syncing more fields to cloud and mobile.
- Server upgrades: super-fast downloads for desktop software updates.
- Movie/Game Collector 15.5.2: now uses HTML5 trailer player to fix Flash-problems.
But before I give you the full story on the above 5 topics, I want to tell you about an important change to your My.CLZ.com account page :
My.CLZ.com: now lists the CLZ mobile apps you own
When you login to your CLZ Account at my.clz.com you’ll find new boxes for the iOS and Android apps, with a black checkmark shown for the apps you own (for now, this excludes CLZ Barry, sorry).
Alwin here, with the CLZ Newsletter for August 2015.
Unlike previous months, August only brought a couple of small feature releases:
- Music and Book Collector: Alphabet Bar can now also be used on Title field.
- All PC & Mac programs: New “Ignore Sort Title / Ignore Sort Names” settings.
So I am taking this opportunity to tell you about all the other stuff the 11 members of the CLZ Team are working on “behind the scenes”.
Here’s an overview of the things we do besides building new features:
Even though it’s been summer vacation time for several CLZ team members, we’ve been able to push out several huge releases, the most popular of which (by far) was the new Alphabet Bar. But don’t forget the huge book cloud update and CLZ Barry 2.0!
These are the topics of today’s newsletter, discussing all July releases and what’s cooking at the CLZ HQ at this very moment:
- CLZ Cloud 2.1 for Books: Sync your *own* data for 8 extra book fields
- CLZ Barry 2.0 for iOS and Android
- New “Alphabet Bar” in all 15.3 versions for PC & Mac
- Sharper Cover Thumbnails in all v15.3 versions for Windows
- Further improvements to Connect and the CLZ Cloud viewers
- What’s Cooking?