Collectorz.com News series
In the Add Comics screen, when searching for a comic “By Series Title”, you are sometimes getting so many series results, that it can be hard to find the exact comic you have in your hands. You may find yourself expanding series after series, to find the issue you need.
But not anymore, as today’s update will make this a lot easier: Just use the new “Add Issue” tab in the Add Comics screen to search by Series title AND Issue number in one go.
E.g. search for “iron man 17” and it will instantly show you a simple flat list of all issues 17 of matching Iron Man series.
Note that the list of matches will automatically be a lot shorter, because the results will only include the series that actually have the issue number you are looking. For example, search for “action comics 214” and it will instantly give you the exact comic you are looking for:
New in Comic Connect: a Collection / Wish List summary bar for comic series!
To see the summary bar, make sure your folder panel is set to show Series folders, then select a folder. The summary bar will then appear above the list panel, showing a compact overview of the issues you own and the issues that are on your wish list.
BTW: if you don’t want this panel, you can disable it through the Settings screen.
Now live in your Comic Connect software, a complete re-design of the Add Comic screen, with a new look, easier interface and new features.
Adding Comics by Barcode
- Scan multiple barcodes in one go! Scanned barcodes will be automatically added to a queue, with the comic information populating instantly.
- Use the big blue Add to Collection button at the bottom right to add the selected comic to your database.
- OR use the little blue “+” buttons to add straight from the queue.
Adding Comics by Series
- Search by series title to see a list of matching series results.
- Expand a series entry to see the issue list for that series, with cover thumbnails!
- Use the Asc/Desc switch at the top to reverse the sorting of the issue list.
- Use the checkboxes on the right to select the issues you want to add.
- Use the checkbox to the right the series entries to Select All / Unselect All issues.
- Use shift-clicking on the checkboxes to select ranges of issues in one go.
- When done selecting issue, using the big blue “Add x to Collection” button at the bottom to add them all to your database in one go.
Not the right cover image? Use the built-in Find Cover tool to pick the correct one.