Welcome to Collectorz.com, the collection database software!
Easily catalog your movies, books, music, comics and games.
Work on your phone, tablet or computer and sync data between them.
Reviews from customers
Latest Collectorz.com news
Another big update for your CLZ Comics app, in which we introduce a new view for your comic collection. But there’s more:
- Main screen:
- New “Card View”
- Selecting comics now also possible in Card View and Images View
- Floating “Add Comics” button (the big blue “+”) now auto-hides
- Add Comics screen:
- List View is back!
- “Add Manually” is back!
This is CLZ Alwin, bringing you the CLZ News for April 2022!
Strangely enough, only ONE new release this month (CLZ Comics 7.6). Well, not that strange really, as part of the team is working on big back-end projects and the rest on upcoming May releases.
So today’s newsletter is all about “What’s Cooking at the CLZ HQ?”:
- Now live:
- CLZ Comics 7.6: Bigger cover images in Add Comics screen
- What’s Cooking?
- A new partner for comic values!
- New “Card View” for all CLZ mobile apps
- Faster searches with our new search engine servers
- Multiple languages for the Connect web-based software!
Today, two fixes for the new Add Comics screen and small fix for the details panel on iPad:
- Slow opening of issue list for a series
Opening a series to go to its issue list could cause the app to “freeze” for a while, depending on the number of issues in the series AND the number of comics in your database.
Please note that this was not related to the loading of the large images. Instead, it was just a stupid bug that was introduced during the rewrite of this screen, related to the “in collection highlighting”.
You will find that all series now open instantly, even with the large images 🙂
- Pull List showed all issues of a series
When opening a series on the pull list, it incorrectly showed all issues for the series, where as it should of course show recent and future issues only.
- Comic details on iPad: visibility of backdrop
A small fix/tweak for the comic details panel on iPad, to make the backdrop more visible
For this update, the main goal was to make the cover images in the Add Comics screen bigger, to make it easier to find the issue or variant that you own.
However, while working on that, we ran into many other things that could be improved, so we figured why not? So in the end, it turned out be a serious overhaul of the Add Comics screen 🙂
Here’s an overview of all the improvements:
- Bigger cover images in the Issue List
- The Issue List for a series now opens in a separate page
- Preview Page now also shows a bigger cover image
- New look or series search results and series search “suggestions box”
- Close the Add Comics screen with “X” top left, no more “double back button” confusion
- Various “Access Violation” errors fixed in the Link Comics screen
- Edit Screen: File paths for missing cover images weren’t showing
- Main Screen: filtering on Collection Status “Sold” didn’t show correct filter text in the bottom of the screen
- Picking a suggestion from the Quick Search would sometimes show the previous shown album
- Box Sets without covers wouldn’t show up in the details panel