Software and app updates related to 'sneak preview'
It’s Halloween! So it must be time for the Oct 2021 edition of the CLZ Newsletter!
October was a quiet month in terms of releases. But the CLZ team has not been sitting still, on the contrary:
At the moment, the entire team is working together on ONE big project, including all developers and all content managers. This is a rare opportunity, but we always enjoy working this way, as it is both fun and efficient.
This time, the big shared project is all about comics and it will result in BIG updates for all flavors of our comic cataloging tools: CLZ Comics 7.0, Comic Collector 22.0 and of course a big update for Comic Connect too (web developers are too cool for version numbers).
Read on for a sneak preview of the new features and improvements.
The topics today:
- 5 updates for Windows with an improved Submit to Core system
- 5 CLZ updates for Android to fully support system font sizes
- Sneak Preview: huge updates for all comic cataloging tools
The big project we are all working on now: lots of new features, new fields and improvements for our comic cataloging tools. Of course all based on your feedback!
Here’s what will be new:
- NEW: Automatic key comic information from Core!
When adding/updating comics from Core, it will now automatically fill in your “Is Key” and “Key Reason” fields. First appearances, deaths, cameo appearances, etc…
BTW: don’t worry, we won’t go the “speculation route”, like the other app “that should not be named”, you know the one 🙂
- Many new fields:
Is Completed for series, a new Collection Status called “Sold”, Date Sold, Price Sold, Last Bag/Board Date and Slab Certification Number.
- CLZ Comics: Improved List View entries, showing more info
List entries will now include the Quantity (when <> 1), an Is Key icon and a Slabbed icon. Collection Status is now shown using a colored band on the right. You can now opt to show Cover Dates instead of Release Dates.
Also, in Series List your completed series are hi-lited with a colored band on the right.
- Add Comics screen
New setting to “Hide Variants” when searching by Series.
CLZ Comics only:
- when scanning barcodes, different beeps for found vs not found.
- tap thumbnail for bigger image
- Improved “Missing Comics” tool
New setting for showing/hiding “On Order” comics. When shown, hi-lited with a star (*). New setting for showing/hidding “Unreleased comics”.
- CLZ Comics: now also use camera barcode scanner to …
- search your own collection
- fill in the Barcode field in the Edit Comic screen
ETA: within 3 weeks!
It’s the last day of July already, so here it is: your monthly dose of CLZ News!
Still making great progress, with half of the team still working from home, the other half present at the CLZ HQ in Amsterdam.
In July, we released 5 big updates for Windows and lots of small improvements to the Connect web-based software. Next to that, team mobile is preparing huge v6 updates for the CLZ mobile apps (sneak preview below!).
Here we go:
- Collector desktop software for Windows:
- Changing your folder field is now much easier
- Edit screen: Add multiple authors, actors, artists in one go
- Some examples of user feedback
- Renew your subscription and always keep it active!
- Connect web-based software:
- Improved “Edit Multiple” screen
- Configurable Date Format for Edit screens
- New “Year” options for folders, colums and sorting
- Improved Auto-Capitalization feature
- More Totals in Statistics screens
- Comic Connect: Auto-Fill Purchase Price with Cover Price
- Music Connect: Use Alphabet Bar for Composers
- Book Connect: AutoCap for Subtitles
- CLZ mobile apps, for iOS and Android:
- Sneak Preview: version 6.0 is coming up!
Version 6.0 is coming up for all five CLZ mobile apps:
CLZ Books, CLZ Music, CLZ Movies, CLZ Comics and CLZ Games (probably in that order).
For “Vee Six” we decided to finally implement THE most commonly requested feature:
Editing Multiple entries in one go! (aka: Batch Editing)
At the same time, v6 will come with completely re-designed Edit screens. Check out some sneak preview screenshot below. More information about app-specific v6 features and improvements will follow later!
Finally: Edit Multiple entries in one go!
This has been the most common feature request for many years: How can I edit (or clear) the Grade/Location/Owner/etc… for many of my database entries in one go?
And in v6, it will finally be possible:
- Just select the entries you want to edit (using tap and hold), and choose Edit from the menu.
- Then select which fields you want to edit (or clear).
- Finally, set the values you want to set and click Done.
(These screenshots have been taken from the iOS edition of CLZ Comics, but the other 9 apps will look very similar):
Edit screen re-design
Also new in v6: completely re-designed Edit screens, to make them clearer, more compact and nicer looking.
No more long lists of fields, one per row. In the new screen, fields are placed side by side where possible, with the Cover on a separate tab. Resulting in a more compact screen, requiring less scrolling. Especially on tablet devices!
Some sneak preview screenshots:
(These screenshots have been taken from the iOS editions of CLZ Books and CLZ Music, but the other 8 apps will look very similar):