Collectorz.com News sneak preview
July 31st, 2020
It’s the last day of July already, so here it is: your monthly dose of CLZ News!
Still making great progress, with half of the team still working from home, the other half present at the CLZ HQ in Amsterdam.
In July, we released 5 big updates for Windows and lots of small improvements to the Connect web-based software. Next to that, team mobile is preparing huge v6 updates for the CLZ mobile apps (sneak preview below!).
Here we go:
- Collector desktop software for Windows:
- Changing your folder field is now much easier
- Edit screen: Add multiple authors, actors, artists in one go
- Some examples of user feedback
- Renew your subscription and always keep it active!
- Connect web-based software:
- Improved “Edit Multiple” screen
- Configurable Date Format for Edit screens
- New “Year” options for folders, colums and sorting
- Improved Auto-Capitalization feature
- More Totals in Statistics screens
- Comic Connect: Auto-Fill Purchase Price with Cover Price
- Music Connect: Use Alphabet Bar for Composers
- Book Connect: AutoCap for Subtitles
- CLZ mobile apps, for iOS and Android:
- Sneak Preview: version 6.0 is coming up!
CLZ Books (Android)
July 21st, 2020
Version 6.0 is coming up for all five CLZ mobile apps:
CLZ Books, CLZ Music, CLZ Movies, CLZ Comics and CLZ Games (probably in that order).
For “Vee Six” we decided to finally implement THE most commonly requested feature:
Editing Multiple entries in one go! (aka: Batch Editing)
At the same time, v6 will come with completely re-designed Edit screens. Check out some sneak preview screenshot below. More information about app-specific v6 features and improvements will follow later!
Finally: Edit Multiple entries in one go!
This has been the most common feature request for many years: How can I edit (or clear) the Grade/Location/Owner/etc… for many of my database entries in one go?
And in v6, it will finally be possible:
- Just select the entries you want to edit (using tap and hold), and choose Edit from the menu.
- Then select which fields you want to edit (or clear).
- Finally, set the values you want to set and click Done.
(These screenshots have been taken from the iOS edition of CLZ Comics, but the other 9 apps will look very similar):
Edit screen re-design
Also new in v6: completely re-designed Edit screens, to make them clearer, more compact and nicer looking.
No more long lists of fields, one per row. In the new screen, fields are placed side by side where possible, with the Cover on a separate tab. Resulting in a more compact screen, requiring less scrolling. Especially on tablet devices!
Some sneak preview screenshots:
(These screenshots have been taken from the iOS editions of CLZ Books and CLZ Music, but the other 8 apps will look very similar):