News: all updates for our software and apps
Nowadays, most CLZ projects are related to Core, Cloud and Connect, so it’s about time we extended our web-dev team. This month we welcomed two new junior web-developers, Eline and Joe, which brings the CLZ team to 12 people!
A perfect example of a huge web project, completed this month: CLZ Cloud syncing of your track lists, of course resulting in updates of all our music cataloging tools, for desktop, mobile and web.
If you’re using Music Collector and CLZ Music, these are must-have updates!
All topics for today:
- Eline and Joe have joined our web-development team
- Music Collector + CLZ Music: Cloud Sync your own track lists!
- Book Collector for Windows: Easily add books that come up as “Unrecognized ISBN”
- Movie Collector for Mac: more improvements to Add Automatically screen.
- Search-As-You-Type suggestions for movies/comics/games now live in more apps
Eline and Joe have joined our web-development team
A lot of the work we do on our software and services is web-based/server-side (Core, Cloud, Connect, etc…). To make faster progress on this end, we have just hired two new junior web-developers: Eline and Joe.
- Eline is still studying Lifestyle Informatics at the Amsterdam university and will be working at Collectorz.com for 2 to 3 days a week. She is currently doing several Core for Books related projects and will soon be moving on to work on Connect.
- Joe has just completed his Informatics study at the university and is now working at Collectorz.com full-time. His first project is an internal tool, that will be used by Rowdy to complete/improve our Core database for retro game platforms.
This brings the CLZ Team to 12 people: 7 programmers, 2 content managers, 2 support people and then me, Alwin, doing the “management by walking around” 🙂
Music Collector + CLZ Music: Cloud Sync your own track lists!
Exciting times for users of our Music Collector and CLZ Music tools, as we finally completed a project that 4 CLZ team members have been working on for several months:
Our CLZ Cloud system now supports storing and syncing YOUR track lists!
Which means that you can now use CLZ Cloud syncing to get your own customized track titles and artists to the CLZ Music mobile app. It will even sync track lists for unlinked albums (e.g. albums that you imported or added manually).
To enjoy the improved CLZ Cloud syncing, you need:
- The new Music Collector version: 16.4 for Windows or 16.1 for macOS.
- The latest CLZ Music app (4.2.4 for iOS or version 4.3.6 for Android).
Next step: allowing the adding and editing of track lists in the CLZ Music mobile app!
Book Collector for Windows: Easily add books that come up as “Unrecognized ISBN”
This week, we released a highly recommended update for users of the Book Collector for Windows software, version 16.4.
This update introduces an easier way to deal with “Unrecognized ISBNs”. A new screen that not only helps you to add the book to your database anyway, but also helps your fellow Book Collector users by instantly adding the missing ISBN to the CLZ Core.
- In Add Books Automatically, when an ISBN is not recognized, a new “Unrecognized ISBN” screen will appear.
- In this screen, just type the Author and the Title, then click Add Book.
- This will:
- Instantly add the ISBN/Author/Title entry to our Core online book database.
- Add the book to your own database with ISBN, Author and Title filled in AND linked to the new Core entry.
(this new feature will soon find its’ way to all our other book cataloging solutions, Mac, iOS, Android, Connect)
Movie Collector for Mac: more improvements to the Add Automatically screen
In August we introduced the super-fast Search-As-You-Type suggestions in the Mac edition of Movie Collector. This month, we released more improvements to this screen, as version 16.1 build 4:
- Title searches are now much faster, as the program does not download all edition listings for all movies anymore. It now downloads these “on demand”, only for the movie entries that you expand to see the edition list.
- Search-As-You-Type suggestions drop-down now includes an extra entry “Show all results”, to take you directly to the “normal” title search results.
Search-As-You-Type suggestions for movies/comics/games now live in more apps
The Search-As-You-Type suggestions have proven very popular with our users, as it saves them a LOT of time when adding movies, comics or games by title:
Just type a few letters and instantly pick from a list of matching movies/comics/games.
This feature is now available in the Windows and Mac editions of Movie Collector, Comic Collector and Game Collector, and the Android editions of CLZ Movies, CLZ Comics and CLZ Games. Coming soon for iOS!