Software and app updates related to 'iphone'
CLZ Alwin, with a summary of CLZ’s busiest month ever, Oct 2022!
The month started with the CLZ team going to Paris to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. Then when back in Amsterdam, instantly rolling into our biggest launch ever: the integration of comic values from CovrPrice into our comic apps and software.
And then finally, dealing with all the questions about it, fixing some issues (pun intended) and releasing the first improvements based on your suggestions!
But I am happy to report that the launch was a huge success, with thousands of users signing up for CovrPrice and linking their CP and CLZ accounts! Users love seeing the values for their comics and getting an idea of the total value of their collection.
We will of course keep improving the CovrPrice features, but we can now finally free up part of the team for other, non-comic projects. We’ve got some cool stuff coming up!
The topics today:
- The CLZ team in Paris, check out the pics!
- Now live: Get comic values from CovrPrice in your CLZ app or software
- Two improvements for the CovrPrice integration
- Fixed: barcode scanning on iPhone 14 Pro
- Coming up: CLZ Scanner app to replace CLZ Barry
Do you own our CLZ Movies app for iPad, iPhone or iPod touch?
Then read on, because this message contains important information on how to
get your free upgrade to the upcoming CLZ Movies 2.0 version.
Here’s the deal:
- CLZ Movies 2.0 is coming soon (ETA: within 2 weeks) and will finally bring
the long awaited adding, editing, barcode scanning and 2-way syncing features.
- CLZ Movies 2.0 will be *one* universal app for iPhone and iPad. To be more
precise: the existing iPhone app will be transformed into this universal app.
Do you own one (or more) of the CLZ apps for iPhone and iPad? Then please read on. Your action is *required* to make sure you don’t miss out.
Here’s a short summary of what’s going to happen:
- Big 2.0 updates for our iOS apps are coming soon. These will be FREE updates.
Main new features: Adding, editing, barcode scanning and 2-way syncing.
- 2-way syncing will work through Collectorz.com Connect.
A Sync & Share account (comes free with Pro editions) is sufficient.
- With these updates the iPhone and iPad editions will merged into one app.
- CLZ Comics 2.0 is almost ready. ETA: 3 or 4 weeks from now.
The other 4 apps will follow, roughly 4 to 6 weeks apart.
Yes, it’s July 31, so it’s time for the Collectorz.com Newsletter.
Today, I have more news about the upcoming new iOS apps, including a
special invitation for all users of our *current* apps for iPhone and iPad:
- Calling all iPhone and iPad users… Get a preview of the 2.0 apps now!
Next to that, an overview of the important releases and happenings this month:
- Updates for Mac editions, now fully Mountain Lion compatible.
- Game Collector 5 for Windows is live!
- C37 scanner overstock (200 units) sold out in 6 days!
- Image server upgraded with 2 TB of extra hard disk space.
Yes, it really is going to happen: Adding, editing and barcode scanning functionality in the CLZ mobile apps.
Pim, our mobile app developer, is currently implementing these features for the CLZ Comics HD app for iPad.
(of course these capabilities will also be released for the other apps, and also for iPhone and for Android).
This build 2 fixes the crashes some Comic Collector users have reported, plus a couple of other problems (full What’s New list is included below).
It’s been a while since the last Barry news, so time for an update:
During all the V8 chaos, Pim, AJ and Sven continued their work on CLZ Barry.
And I am happy to announce that the iPhone edition is almost finished.
We’re planning to submit it to Apple tomorrow.
After that, Pim will focus on the Android edition, trying to finish that one
as soon as possible. However, we probably can’t stick to our plan to release
both editions simultaneously.
It would be crazy to deliberately hold back the release of the iPhone edition.
I think we’ll just release the iPhone app as soon as Apple give us the “go”,
then launch the Android app when ready, probably 2 or 3 weeks later.
This week, we will send the first preview email to all Barry Club members,
with more feature information and of course, new screen shots.
Last week, we told you about a “secret” project we were working on:
Project B. We also gave you a hint, the Project B logo (on the left).
This post generated many guesses on Facebook and Twitter,
and we were happy to see that most of you guessed correctly:
Project B is a wireless barcode scanner app. And it’s called:
CLZ Barry !