What's new in CLZ Comics for iOS? (page 2)
A new v4.8.1 update for your app is available now, with:
Automatic CLZ Cloud syncing
Add or edit comics and your changes will auto-upload to the CLZ Cloud instantly.
Made changes on the desktop or Connect side? Just start the app and changes will download automatically.
Note: Auto-Syncing is switched OFF by default. Switch it ON in the “Sync with CLZ Cloud” screen.
The CLZ Cloud syncing will let you:
- Sync your data between devices, e.g. between your phone and your tablet. Or from your old phone to your new phone.
- View your database online using the free CLZ Cloud viewer website.
- Make an online backup of your data. Better safe than sorry!
- Added ‘None’ entries to list of folders: The [None] folder groups the books you have not set the field for on which you’re currently folder grouping.
- “Read It” folder option: Group your comics into Read it “Yes” or “No” folders to quickly find your unread comics!
- Search cleared when the X button was pushed in the search bar of the main screen.
In today’s update for the CLZ Comics app, we have made further tweaks to the Add screen, to make it clearer and (hopefully) more stable than previous versions:
- Slightly smaller font for the series name, so that longer titles fit better.
- Clearer result entries for Add By Barcode searches, especially in cases of multiple results.
- Color high-lighting: Comics already ‘on wish list’ now have an orange title, comics already “in collection” show up with a blue title.
- Improved scroll behaviour.
Fixes in this update:
- Some covers (Preview art) weren’t showing in the main screen thumbnail view
- Series have/want header in main list was cut off in certain situations
- Full screen cover scroller on iPhone/iPod devices was not properly updating its title bar
- Optimized layout of main screen on 10.5 and 12.9 inch iPads
- Optimized the performance of the main screen thumbnail view
- Fresh placeholder cover images
- Redesigned Selection Mode
- Tap and hold on a comic/series to select it, select as many comics as you like (or select all, using the “Select All” top right).
- Then use the blue action button to perform an action on the selected comics (Remove / Update from CLZ Core).
- Crash when saving a cover image to the camera roll
- Odd scrolling behavior when expanding/collapsing a series title search result in the Add Automatically screen
- Odd scrolling behavior when scanning comic barcodes in the barcode scanning screen
- Stuck keyboard after searching in main list
- Autocorrect was enabled for the main list search bar
- Add Comics from CLZ Core:
- Now automatically searches the series you were looking at in your app.
- New skinned preview templates.
- After adding/editing a comic, the app will now always find and show your last added comic in your main screen.
- If you log in to your CLZ Account on a new or empty device, the app will now ask you if you wish to download your comics from CLZ Cloud.
- Added skinning to Sign up/Log in/In App Purchase screens.
- Some barcode searches could return empty issues upon adding them.
- Reading date was displayed twice in the ‘Clear’ templates.
- After each CLZ Cloud sync the “Quick Search” and “Collection Status Filter” was cleared.
- When a custom cover was downloaded via CLZ Cloud syncing, the thumbnail in the list wasn’t immediately updated.
- When a comic was removed, the list would scroll back to the top.
- Various skinning, layout and color fixes.
New in 4.5.2:
- New Details View templates which are easier on the eye:
- Clear Light template
- Clear Dark template
- iPad: WANT-HAVE header was not correctly updated when changing Series folder.
- Improved “tap” area of hamburger menu so you can back out of a folder more easily.
A huge v4.5 update for the CLZ Comics app is now available.
And prepare to be shocked 🙂 (in a good way, don’t worry):
The app looks completely different now, with a cleaner brighter look and an improved user interface.
What’s new in CLZ Comics 4.5 for iOS?
- A completely new look, that is cleaner and brighter.
- The choice between two skins/themes: Light & Dark.
- No bottom toolbar means more screen space for your comic collection.
- Big floating blue ‘+’ button on bottom right for adding new comics.
- Access all other features and tools from ‘hamburger’ menu top left.
- Access all view settings from menu top right.
- Quickly switch between All / In Collection / Wish List at the top.
How to update your CLZ Comics app to version 4.5:
- On your device, open the App Store app.
- On the bottom, switch to the Updates tab.
- Find the CLZ Games entry and tap “UPDATE” on the right.
Do you like the new look?
Then please let the world know by posting a nice review in the App Store!
- New Folder options: format, store, age, color, country, crossover, edition, genre, language, story arc.
- Edit screen is now split into two tabs (Main / Personal).
- After editing/removing a comic, the app now remembers the list’s scroll position.
- After editing a comic, the changed values were not immediately visible in the list.
- Alphabet sections in list were broken after “X”.
- Adding by Barcode: barcodes can now be entered with voice dictation.
- Crash in the in-app-purchase screen.
- ‘Show all’ folder item was missing in empty folders on tablet devices.
A huge v4.3 update for your CLZ Comics mobile app is now available.
In this update, we complete re-designed the Add Comics screen, to make it clearer, easier-to-user and to help you add comics more efficiently.
What’s new in the Add Comics screen?
- Switch between By Title and By Barcode using tabs at the top
(Add Manually is now a separate screen, under Tools menu)
- All panels are now resizable (list, details, camera)
- Add button is now at bottom right (blue circle with “+” icon)
- Adding By Title:
- Suggestions appear in a drop-down while you type a title
- Adding By Barcode:
- Camera scanner is now integrated in Add screen, not a separate screen
- Tap the keyboard icon in the camera panel to enter a barcode manually
- Delete barcodes from queue by swiping from right to left
- Barcode queue is now remembered between sessions
- New Search engine for adding comics By Title:
- Better and cleaner search results.
- Much faster, almost instant results.
- New layout for the comic lists
Version 4.2 adds a couple of improvements and tools that are essential for users who are doing most of their editing on the mobile apps:
- New “Manage Pick Lists” screen (under new Tools menu).
This new screen lets you take control of your pick lists, that is book Authors, music Artists, comic Series, Publishers, Formats, Genres, Subjects, etc… Use it to:
- Fix typos in names.
- Remove unused entries.
- Merge duplicate entries.
- Edit the SortNames for comic Series.
- Edit screen improvements:
- New “value picker” screen for pick list fields, like Authors, Artists, Series, Genres, Subjects, etc… Just tap the field, pick a value from the pick list that appears and done. No more need to type the first few letters of a value (we all hate typing on mobile devices, don’t we?)
- Tap the pencil icons to directly edit names of pick list entries.
- Tap the pencil icon for Artists, Authors and Series to directly edit Names *and* SortNames.
- Settings / Field Defaults: choose field values that will be set for each new entry automatically.
- Edit screen improvements:
- Improved layout to make it easier on the eye
- New “Select Value” screen for easier entry of pick list fields (e.g. Artist, Format, Genre, etc…)
- Cancel and Done buttons have been moved to the top bar.
- New Delete button at the bottom.
It’s been a long time in the making, but it’s finally here:
CLZ Comics 4.0 for iOS!
Apart from several improvements to the Add Comic screen (see below), the 4.0 version contains an important change:
CLZ Comics for iOS is now free to download
Starting with version 4.0, CLZ Comics is free to download and starts with a limit of 100 comics.
New:Improved Add Comics screen
- Easily switch between Add methods (Title / Barcode / Manual).
- Re-designed search results with included cover images.
- Now add directly from results using quick-add buttons
(no more need to open the Preview Screen).
- New black style for Preview Screen.
- Add by Barcode now automatically opens Camera Scan screen.
- Larger Camera Scan screen on iPad.