Collectorz.com News isbn
CLZ Books (iOS)
July 24th, 2019
- ‘Add manually’ button was missing in the add screen
- ‘Move to other collection’-option was missing its icon
- When adding a book by ISBN that was “already in collection”, the ISBN wasn’t cleared from the ISBN queue
July 16th, 2019
Today, a subtle addition to your Book Connect software, but one that can save you a lot of time if you’re always adding your books by ISBN:
A new “Add [..] to Collection” button under the add queue, that lets you add all scanned books in one go. No more need to click the little “+” buttons for each entry.
Some other improvements:
At the same time, some other tweaks went live in your software:
- In the “fixed” area at the bottom of the Edit Book screen, we replaced the Owner field with the Location field.
Through user feedback we found that the Location field is used by many more users, compared to Owner. Also many new users were not finding the field. So we figured the Location field deserved a more prominent spot in the Edit Book screen.
BTW: the Owner field can now be found on the Personal tab.
- The User Rating field has received a make-over and can now be set using a nice sliding star thingie.
Book Collector (macOS)
August 6th, 2018
Great news for all users of our book database solutions, on any version (old or new), on any platform (Connect, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android):
Our Core online book database now recognizes 97% of all ISBNs searched!
In the past few weeks, our web-developers have been working on several improvements to our Core online book database system, which has increased the success rate for ISBN searches to 97 percent!
Basically, this means that on average, for every 100 ISBNs you scan into the Add Books screen, our Core online book database will recognize 97, leaving only 3 as “unrecognized”.
(in the past, the success rate has always been around 89% to 90%.)
Note that this 97% is a world-wide average, over all users from all countries.
For US and UK books, the results are even better, at 99%. In other countries, the hit-rate will be slightly below 97%. But for everyone, it will definitely be better than before!
How can you start enjoying the improved ISBN searches?
The above is a “server-side” change, so you don’t need to do anything 🙂
You can now instantly experience the benefits, in the Book Connect web-based software, the Book Collector desktop software (Windows or Mac) and the CLZ Books mobile app (iOS or Android).
Whatever version you have! No update needed, no payment needed!
Book Collector (Windows)
August 24th, 2017
- Add Books from CLZ Core: the 4 “Add by” tabs now have icons.
- Link/Update Books with CLZ Core: if an ISBN can’t be found, the author, publisher and title are now filled in automatically in the “Unrecognized ISBN” screen, if they are known from the book you’re linking.
- Main screen: Details Panel: characters with a link filled in were not clickable.
- Edit Book: Links tab: When editing a local link, the “previous” button didn’t work.
- After adding a book where a pick list item (such as an author) was updated with new information, not all books using that same author were marked as “dirty” for syncing with CLZ Cloud.
Book Collector (macOS)
December 22nd, 2016
Improved “Unrecognized ISBN” screen
- NEW: integrated Find Cover tool.
Easily pick a cover images from internet search results for the ISBN.
- Two extra fields: Publisher and Year.
- Author box now has drop-down with your Author list for easy entry of existing author names.
- Main Screen: after resizing the first column too much, the text was no longer readable
- Edit Book: Closing the edit screen could cause a crash on El Capitan