Software and app updates related to 'sort names'
- Issue where the sort name of an artist was not synchronised correctly with the cloud.
With so many users switching from the desktop software to the Connect web-based software, we are getting a lot of useful feedback about the things they are missing, or would like to see in Connect.
Today, a small update with 4 new settings to save screen space in the main screen:
- Show Filter Bar: uncheck this setting to hide the bar at the top with the Collection Status filter and the Alphabet Bar, giving you quite a bit more vertical screen space for your list.
- Show Collection Status indicators: uncheck this to remove the column with the status icons from your List View, giving you more horizontal room for your columns.
- Show pencil icons (for editing): uncheck this to remove the column with the pencil (edit) icons from your List View, again giving you more horizontal list space.
- Show episodes images: uncheck this to hide episode images from the Details Panel, for TV Series.
Also, 2 new Sort settings are now available:
- ignore sort names for Cast and Crew: when sorting by Actor, Director etc… check this sort by their display names, so by firstname, lastname.
- show sort names for Cast and Crew: when sorting by Actor, Director etc.. check this to show the Sort Names, which is a bit “easier on the eye”.
Oh and BTW: we also took this opportunity to complete re-think the layout of the Settings screen, to make the grouping of settings more logical. I recommend to take a good look again, maybe you will find some useful settings you never knew existed 🙂