What's new in Movie Connect?
4 new settings to save screen space
February 19th, 2021
With so many users switching from the desktop software to the Connect web-based software, we are getting a lot of useful feedback about the things they are missing, or would like to see in Connect.
Today, a small update with 4 new settings to save screen space in the main screen:
- Show Filter Bar: uncheck this setting to hide the bar at the top with the Collection Status filter and the Alphabet Bar, giving you quite a bit more vertical screen space for your list.
- Show Collection Status indicators: uncheck this to remove the column with the status icons from your List View, giving you more horizontal room for your columns.
- Show pencil icons (for editing): uncheck this to remove the column with the pencil (edit) icons from your List View, again giving you more horizontal list space.
- Show episodes images: uncheck this to hide episode images from the Details Panel, for TV Series.
Also, 2 new Sort settings are now available:
- ignore sort names for Cast and Crew: when sorting by Actor, Director etc… check this sort by their display names, so by firstname, lastname.
- show sort names for Cast and Crew: when sorting by Actor, Director etc.. check this to show the Sort Names, which is a bit “easier on the eye”.
Oh and BTW: we also took this opportunity to complete re-think the layout of the Settings screen, to make the grouping of settings more logical. I recommend to take a good look again, maybe you will find some useful settings you never knew existed 🙂
Re-designed collection tab-bar May 4th, 2023 Connect is now available in Dutch! April 27th, 2023 New collection view : Vertical Cards! July 7th, 2022 Lots of new features and tweaks in one go! June 29th, 2022 Improved Pre-fill screen: choose your own fields! March 4th, 2022 New “Add from Core” settings: select which fields you want to download from Core November 25th, 2021 New: Progress bars for slower actions November 24th, 2021 Search by Barry / Cloud Visibility per Collection September 21st, 2021 Easier Columns & Sorting / remove Core covers / more Field Defaults September 1st, 2021 Set Box Set covers, enhanced Collection Status filter and more Update from Core fields August 13th, 2021 New: add website links to your movie entries March 18th, 2021 4 new settings to save screen space February 19th, 2021 Automatic Audience Ratings from IMDb February 10th, 2021 New currency settings January 29th, 2021 New: Pre-fill fields while adding movies December 10th, 2020 Various improvements July 27th, 2020 Improved “Edit Multiple” screen July 15th, 2020 New Crop and Rotate tool for cover images May 20th, 2020 Choose all Collection Status options when adding April 6th, 2020 Many new customization settings March 26th, 2020 New Shelves View March 19th, 2020 Server-side settings / Favorites for Columns & Sorting March 10th, 2020 New: Re-assign index values February 20th, 2020 Faster loading of images through WebP image format January 27th, 2020 Improvements to Edit and Add screens January 17th, 2020