News: all updates for our software and apps
Today is release day of Book Collector 8 for Mac OS X!
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new in V8:
* Add Books Automatically: Faster, Better and More data (inc. back covers!).
* New: Find Cover Image screen, find missing covers online using Google Images.
* Re-Designed Loan Manager screen, with scanner support.
* New: Support for Author Pseudonyms / Pen Names.
* New: Support for book Box Sets.
* New: Backdrop support, set background images for the Details Panel.
* New: Cover Flow view, browse your book covers in a cool looking 3D cover flow.
* New: Collection Statistics (pie and bar charts) integrated in main screen.
* Improved Wish List functionality (In Collection / Wish List tabs).
* Save your own field sets for Columns, Sort Order and Folders.
* New: Automatic Capitalization of Book Titles.
* New: Automatic Sort Titles.
* Improved Layout of Edit Book screen.
* Multiple main screen layout options.
* New V8 templates for Details View and Add Auto Preview.
The full What’s New list with screen shots is here.
Existing Book Collector users receive their personal upgrade email today. This email includes the personal upgrade link with a 50% discount included.
This is our third major upgrade in the Mac series, after Comic version 5 and Movie Collector 8.
Next one up: Music Collector X!