Software and app updates related to 'infinite scrolling'
Several small fixes today:
- Editing multiple items with really many items selected (say over 1,000) didn’t work.
Now it does. But still, editing many items in one go may be slow.
- On large desktop screen, with the browser window set full screen, the infinite scrolling system didn’t work.
It immediately stopped loading after the first set of items was shown. Happened only in Images and Card Views though, in List View all was well. Fixed now.
- When changing the sorting by clicking a column header, the sort direction of the previous sort column was used. Now it correctly resets to ascending sorting when changing to a different sort field.
Since Connect 2.0, your collection lists use a “Facebook-like” infinite scroll system: just scroll down to the bottom of the page and the next batch of items is loaded. No more needed to Browse through separate pages with Next and Previous buttons.
Today we have made this infinite scrolling a lot smoother, by optimizing the loading process of the pages. In most cases, you won’t even notice a delay when you scroll down.
It’s been an ongoing project at our CLZ HQ for a long time, but now it is finally live, Connect 2.0! Connect 2.0 is a completely revamped version of our web-based collection cataloging solutions.
The goal of this new version:
- Introduce a more modern look and feel.
- Support all screen sizes (desktop and mobile) with one app.
- Re-think the user interface to make it more logical and intuitive.