February 28th, 2019
This is CLZ News, your monthly overview of everything CLZ.
While Team Mobile is still preparing for the upcoming v5 updates, Team Desktop was able to do four huge releases. Read all about those below.
Next to that, it’s been a while, another installment of “CLZ 101”!
The topics for today:
- v19 for macOS: Multiple collections, auto-sync images and a new Flex template!
- Movie Collector v19.1 for Windows: Update your IMDb Ratings / Votes in one go
- CLZ 101: the Manage Pick Lists screen
v19 for macOS: Multiple collections, auto-sync images and a new Flex template!
They are finally arriving, the v19 releases for macOS! Three of them are now live (Movie, Book and Comic Collector), with the 4th one (Music Collector), coming up next week.
New in v19 for macOS:
- Manage and sync multiple “collections” within one database file
- Automatic Cloud-syncing of your own images
- A new super-adaptive “Flex” template
- For Movie Collector: Add Box Sets as a single database entry
To update to v19, you need an active Service Plan. Expired? Then renew by logging in to our CLZ Shop here.
Movie Collector v19.1 for Windows: Update your IMDb Ratings / Votes in one go
As you probably know, we have signed a more comprehensive content licensing agreement with IMDb, which gives us access to more and fresher IMDb data.
Last week, in the Movie Collector 19.1 version for Windows, we’ve released the first new features made possible by this new agreement:
- New: IMDb Votes field
Automatically delivered from our Core now, the number of votes on which the IMDb Rating is based, which is a good indication of how popular a movie is (and how trustworthy the Rating is). Check the IMDb Votes in the yellow IMDb box in the details panel, or add it as a column to your list.
- New: Update your IMDb Ratings and Votes in one go
The new IMDb content license gives us fresh daily updates of the IMDb Ratings and Votes, so a new “Update IMDb Ratings/Votes” command is now available, that lets you retrieve fresh Ratings and Votes from our Core, super fast.
Note: to get IMDb Rating/Votes data and to use the “Update IMDb Ratings/Votes” feature you need version 19.1 and an active Service Plan. Expired? Then renew by logging in to our CLZ Shop here.
CLZ 101: the Manage Pick Lists screen
Through our CLZ Help Center we’re getting over 100 support requests every day, all of them answered by our support guys and gal, friendly and efficiently.
Strangely enough, there is whole range of different questions, to which the
answer is the same.
That answer is: Just use the Manage Pick Lists screen!
Examples of questions for which the above is the answer:
- How can I remove entries from my Genre pick list?
(or Subject, or Format, or Studio, etc..)
- My folder panel shows multiple entries for the same Series, how can I fix that?
(same holds for Authors, Artist, etc…)
- How do I fix a typo in a Subject name, without creating a new one?
(same for Genres, Actors, Creators, etc..)
- How do I fix the incorrect sorting of my Artist list?
(or Series, Authors, etc…)
- How can I add my own icon/image to a new Format entry?
(or Country, Language, Audience Rating, etc…)?
- How can I edit the properties of my movie Box Sets?
The Manage Pick Lists screen is available in all our cataloging solutions. For the CLZ mobile apps and Connect software, it’s in the main menu (top left). For the desktop software, it is in the Edit menu (Windows) or the Tools menu (macOS).