August 29th, 2017
CLZ Alwin here, with the CLZ News for August 2017. Today I wanna start with news about our CLZ Shop that may save you quite a bit of money.
You see, we are now offering various new discounts, that is, volume discounts for buying multiple similar products (e.g. on 3 mobile apps) and bundle discounts for buying multiple products within the same group (e.g. Movie Collector plus CLZ Movies).
For the loyal users of our desktop software, the most interesting change may very well be that we now offer discounts on renewing multiple Update Plans in one go:
- Buy two 1-year Update Plans in one go: US $8.00 off
- Buy three 1-year Update Plans in one go: US $18.15 off
- Buy four 1-year Update Plans in one go: US $29.20 off
- Buy five 1-year Update Plans in one go: US $40.75 off
In other news:
- Comic Collector for Windows: A completely new Add Comics from Core screen
- CLZ Games (iOS/Android): more editable fields, plus new Loose/CIB/New field
- Connnect: Revised Edit Multiple screen, now allowing the clearing of fields.
Comic Collector for Windows: A completely new Add Comics from Core screen
This is it, the fifth and final one in our series of Add screen re-designs for the Windows editions: a new Add Comics from Core screen:
- A clear two-panel design: Search Results on the left, Preview on the right.
- The Search Results now show cover images for both series and issues.
- Automatic Preview of selected issues (no more double clicking).
VIDEO: See the new Add Comics from Core screen in action:
CLZ Games (iOS/Android): more editable fields, plus new Loose/CIB/New field
A big update for both the Android and iOS edition of our CLZ Games mobile app, focussed at the real video game collectors, especially those that are into collecting retro games:
- New “Completeness” field: Loose vs CIB vs New.
Indicate how complete your copy of a game is. Choose from: Loose, CIB or New.
- Two extra toggle fields “Manual” and “Box”.
To further specify the “Loose” status. You know, for those cartridges with just a manual, no box. Or in a box, but with the manual missing.
- Added 6 new editable fields:
Developers, Publishers, Region, Description, Edition and Series.
- All new fields now sync to/from the CLZ Cloud.
Connect: Revised Edit Multiple screen, now allowing the clearing of fields.
All five Connect editions have received improvements to the batch editing features, with an update for their “Edit Multiple” screens:
- First, more fields are now available for batch editing.
- Then, you can now also clear fields, that is, make them empty. Just hit the little “x” button to the top right of a field and the field will turn red, indicating it will be cleared, then hit Save at the bottom to actually perform the clearing.
NOTE: the Edit Multiple feature is very powerful, but remember “With great power comes great responsibility”. Use with care!
VIDEO: Edit Multiple in action:
That’s it for today. Don’t forget to check out our Bundle Offers!