November 28th, 2014
CLZ Alwin here with lots of Collectorz.com news for you today. But before we dive into that, let me give you a quick reminder of our Black Friday Sale (4 days left):
Black Friday Update Plan Sale: buy 1 year and get 6 months free!
During the Black Friday sale, we’ll give you 6 months of updates FREE if you renew or extend your Update Plan with one year (priced at US $24.95 or EUR 19.95).
To take advantage of this offer, log in to the My.CLZ.com shop here.
(If you still have a running Update Plan, don’t worry, you won’t loose any days. The extra 18 months will just be added to your current expire date.)
CLZ News for November 2014
With that out of the way, on with the news. This month, two long-running projects have been completed:
- The new Connect 2.0.
- CLZ Comics 2.0 for Android.
Other news today:
- Coming up: big time-saving Edit screen updates for all Windows and Mac editions.
- New ticket system for customer support + new Live Chat Support!
Read on for full details on all of the above:
The new Connect 2.0
Connect is our web-based software for cataloging your collections online, running in your web-browser, no software downloads needed, and with all data always stored in the CLZ Cloud.
The “old” Connect look and feel had been live since 2009, so it was time for an overhaul. This new 2.0 version…
- Introduces a more modern look and feel.
- Supports all screen sizes (desktop and mobile) with one app.
- Re-thinks the user interface to make it more logical and intuitive.
Wanna know more? Here’s a blog post with the full story and lots of screen shots.
Already own Connect? Just login and enjoy the new look and feel!
No Connect subscription yet, but wanna give it a try? Great, here’s how:
- Go to the Connect site here
- Choose the app you want (Music, Movie, Book, Comic or Game Connect).
- Click the Login button top right and login with your existing CLZ Account.
- Click the Free Trial button to activate your 30-day trial period.
(Don’t worry, after the 30 days, your trial subscription will automatically revert back to the free CLZ Cloud level.)
CLZ Comics 2.0 for Android
- Now a fully stand-alone comic cataloging app.
- Add comics to your app database, by Series Title or by Barcode.
- Scan barcodes with your device camera.
- Edit your comic entries right there on your Android device.
- Two-way sync data between devices through the free CLZ Cloud.
If you already own CLZ Comics for Android, then this is a FREE update. Just update your existing app through the Play Store.
If you don’t own CLZ Comics yet, just search the Play Store on your Android device for “CLZ Comics” and buy it there (for US $14.99).
Next up: CLZ Books 2.0 for Android!
Coming up: big time-saving Edit screen updates
In the past month, we have already released a couple of small feature updates for the Windows and Mac editions, but the best is yet to come.
In the next 3 or 4 weeks, big Edit screen updates are coming for all of em, with:
- Direct editing of person First and Last Names in new full width tables.
(e.g. for Artists, Authors, Cast, Crew, Characters, etc…)
- Faster finding of existing entries in person pick lists.
- Simple drag-drop re-ordering of entries in tables.
- Easy access to the relevant lists in the Edit Lists screen.
These upcoming updates are highly recommended for all Windows and Mac users, as they will make it much easier to stay on top of your First and Last Names and maintain correctly sorted Artist and Author lists.
Customer Support: Zendesk ticket system + Live Chat Support
If you’ve been with us for a while, you are probably aware of our quick and friendly responses to support questions. In an attempt to get your customer support experience to an even higher level, we made two big changes:
Zendesk: We moved to the super-efficient Zendesk support ticket system for all support requests, resulting in an even faster response to your questions.
Live Chat support: Now also available on the Collectorz.com website, in the bottom right corner, a live chat box for asking direct questions to our support people Sytske and AJ.
The chat box is only available when we’re online, so typically during Amsterdam office hours.
Talk to you next month!