November 29th, 2011
Completely rewritten *from scratch*, with a faster database system
a more Mac-like user interface and of course, many new features.
What’s New in V8 for Mac?
- More and better automatic data for MOVIES :
IMDb ratings, movie trailers, movie posters, movie backdrops and
more plot summaries (in english, dutch, french, german and spanish).
- More and better automatic data for TV SERIES and their episodes :
Full episode lists with: titles, air dates, plots, runtimes,
writers, directors, guest cast and screen grab images.
- New: Find Cover Image screen, find missing covers online using Google Images
- New: Cover Flow view, browse your movies in a cool looking 3D image browser.
- New: Movie Backdrops (movie-specific background images) for Details Panel.
- New: Collection Statistics (pie and bar charts) integrated in main screen.
- Improved Wish List functionality, All / Collection / Wish List tabs in main screen.
- Box Set support, indicate which movies are in a box, set box-set level properties.
- Save your own field sets for sorting, columns, folders.
- New V8 templates for Details Panel and Add Auto Preview
- New: Auto-Capitalization, Automatic Sort Titles
- Improved layout of Edit Movie screen
- More main screen layouts to choose from.
AJ and I have prepared a V8 Sneak Preview page with more
information and a couple of V8 overview screen shots.
Join the Collectorz.com Mac Club to get instant access to this page:
In the next 4 weeks, Mac Club members will also receive updates by email,
(not too many, I promise) disclosing the full details of the above features.
Common questions about V8 (and their answers):
- How much will the upgrade cost?
Upgrading to Movie Collector 8 will cost US $24.95 or equivalent in your
currency. (It doesn’t matter which version you own now.)
BTW: If you happen to have purchased Movie Collector 3 in the last 3 months
before the V8 release, you will of course get the upgrade free.
- Is the upgrade mandatory? Can I keep using my old version?
The upgrade to V8 is fully optional. If you don’t want to upgrade,
or just not now, then you are welcome to keep using your current version.
However, only by upgrading to V8 can you enjoy all improvements that we
are continously doing to both the software and the online movie database.
- Will my current CLZ Movies mobile app still work with V8?
Yes, your existing CLZ Movies app is fully supported in V8.
- Will version 8 still let me upload my movies to Movie Collector Connect?
Yes, Connect is here to stay and V8 fully supports it.