What's new in CLZ Games for Android? (page 2)
This update to the CLZ Games app for Android brings user interface improvements to the Add Games screen:
- All panels are now resizable (list, details, camera)
- When adding a game that is already on your wish list, the app now lets you change its status to “In Collection”.
- Adding By Barcode:
- Camera scanner is now integrated in Add screen, not a separate screen
- Tap the keyboard icon in the camera panel to enter a barcode manually
- Barcode queue is now remembered between sessions
- Press and hold to delete a barcode from the queue
- Adding By Title:
- Expand game edition list using “V” icons on the right
- Game not found? Easy add it manually using the special entry in the results list
This update introduces an easier way to deal with “Unrecognized Barcodes”.
A new screen that not only helps you to add the game to your app anyway, but also helps your fellow CLZ Games users by instantly adding the missing barcode to the CLZ Core online game database.
Easily add games that come up as “Unrecognized Barcode”:
- In the Add Games screen when a barcode is not recognized, a new “Unrecognized Barcode” screen will appear.
- In this screen:
- Just find your game by title (Search-As-You-Type is also active here!)
- Then click Add Game.
- This will:
- Add the game to YOUR database with full game details and your barcode.
- Instantly add the barcode to OUR Core online game database, connected to the game you selected.
- Split edit screen, easily switch between main and personal fields
- App respects the system screen orientation lock
- Background color for the searchbar on certain Lollipop tablet devices
- Long loading in Manage Pick Lists screen
- CLZ Cloud database detection for empty databases
- Out of sync notification on the sync button
- Improved restoring of in app purchase
- Added folder support for: multiplayer mode, edition and hardware type
- Fixed hardware keyboard enter not working in tablet search field
New: “Search-As-You-Type” suggestions when adding games by title. While enter a title to search for, a drop-down list will appear, showing the five most popular games that match. If you see the game you were looking for, just tap to select it.
- Screen rotation throughout the app
- Database totals counting hardware as games
A huge v4.3 update for your CLZ Games app is now available.
And prepare to be shocked 🙂 (in a good way, don’t worry):
The app looks completely different now, with a cleaner brighter look and an improved user interface. Here’s what’s new:
What’s new in CLZ Games 4.3 for Android?
- New “Material”-based interface, with two skins/themes: Light & Dark.
(The app now starts in the Light skin. If you prefer the Dark look, just use the View menu top right)
- Big floating blue “+” button for adding games.
- Access all other features and tools from “hamburger” menu top left.
- Clear and easy switch between All / In Collection / Wish List at the top.
- Access all other view options from menu on top right.
- Add screen: tabs at the top to switch between By Title and By Barcode modes.
- Add Manually is now a separate menu item in the menu on the left.
- Redesigned book list entries.
- Old Import from Game Collector has been moved to Settings screen!
- New “Manage Pick Lists” tool for editing and merging Platforms, Genres, Formats etc…
- Edit screen: Now edit the names of Platforms, Formats, etc…
- Edit screen: New “value picker” screen for quickly filling fields like Platform and Publisher.
- New Tools menu, with Manage Pick Lists, Field Defaults and Empty Database tools.
CLZ Games is now free to download, with a database limit of 100 games. Unlock higher database limits using In App Purchases.
If you purchased CLZ Games *before* the 4.0 release, then the 4.0 version will be automatically unlocked to an *unlimited* database size. You do NOT need to pay again 🙂
If, for whatever reason, this didn’t work for you, then just CONTACT US and and we’ll unlock it manually, free of charge!
- Easily switch between Add methods (Platform & Title / Barcode / Manual).
- Re-designed search results with included cover images.
- Now add directly from results using quick-add buttons
(no more need to open the Preview Screen).
- New black style for Preview Screen.
- Add by Barcode now automatically opens Camera Scan screen.