What's new in CLZ Games for Android? (page 2)
New: Redesigned app icon
We designed new icons that give new users a better indication of what the app actually does (as opposed to just a different color CLZ logo), but still obviously belong together, when shown together.
And if you have Android 8.0 or higher, we’re also including an “adaptive app icon” as of today which are in line with all your other app icons!
Some changes in CLZ Games for you:
- The buttons to switch folders, sorting and view options have been moved to more logical places to make them more accessible.
- The skins and templates options are now only available from the settings screen.
- The selection mode button has been removed, just tap and hold on an item to start selecting items.
- Update from Core could (in some cases) overwrite manually entered information for the Series, Edition, Region, Description fields.
New for the Add Games screen:
- Add button is now bigger and easier to spot (some new users missed the little round “+”).
- Add button now “remembers” your collection vs. wish list selection. No need to pick from the Collection/Wish List popup menu every time you add anymore.
- Remove from queue button is now bigger and easier to spot. Tap and hold on a barcode in the queue to select barcodes you want to remove.
- Accented characters in sortnames/titles were sorted incorrectly.
- Main screen: the over-sensitive quickscroll bar in the thumbnail view has been fixed.
- Edit: ‘Done’- button doest not scroll from screen on manual scroll.
- Edit: New ‘Unsaved changes’ dialog.
- Cloud sync: Sync reporting ‘invalid xml’ in rare cases.
We’ve added new fields to sort on to change the order in which your games are displayed in your list. Your game list will adapt to sort and show the field you’re sorting on. On top of that we’ve redesigned the Select Sort Order screen to make it more clear what you’re choosing.
Open the Select Sort Order screen by tapping the menu top right, then tap “Sort order”.
All available sort fields:
- Platform, then Title (New!)
- Platform, then Release Date (New!)
- Release Date
- Order of Entry (New!)
- Purchase Date (New!)
- Purchase Price (New!)
- Price Charting Value (New!)
- Current Value (New!)
- Completion Date (New!)
- My Rating (New!)
- Quantity (New!)
- Storage Device (New!)
All fields can be sorted either ascending or descending. Tap the field you wish to sort on, then tap “Apply” to confirm.
Quick Search: Search-As-You-Type suggestions
Instantly find and select a particular game in your local database:
- In the Quick Search box, just start typing the first few letters of the title you are looking for.
- While typing, a drop-down list will appear, showing the first five matching games (for most games, it only takes 2 or 3 letters before it shows up).
- Once you see the game you were looking for, tap it to bring up its detail page
- TIP: Tap the search button on the keyboard or tap “View All Results” to perform the normal search.
Quick Search now searches more fields
Now also searches in:
Full list of fields that are now searched:
A new v4.8 update for your app is available now, with:
Automatic CLZ Cloud syncing
Add or edit games and your changes will auto-upload to the CLZ Cloud instantly.
Made changes on the desktop or Connect side? Just start the app and changes will download automatically.
Note: Auto-Syncing is switched OFF by default. Switch it ON in the “Sync with CLZ Cloud” screen.
Don’t have a CLZ Cloud account yet?
If you don’t have a CLZ Cloud account yet, We strongly recommend to signup up for one from the app. Using the CLZ Cloud is completely free!
The CLZ Cloud syncing will let you:
- Sync your data between devices, e.g. between your phone and your tablet. Or from your old phone to your new phone.
- View your database online using the free CLZ Cloud viewer website.
- Make an online backup of your data. Better safe than sorry!
In today’s update for the CLZ Games app, we have made further tweaks to the Add screen, to make it clearer than previous versions:
- Add from CLZ Core:
- Color high-lighting: Games already ‘on wish list’ now have an orange title, games already “in collection” show up with a blue title.
- Slightly smaller font for the game title, so that longer titles fit better.
This new version lets you download current value information for your games from the popular game pricing site PriceCharting.com:
- When adding new games, they automatically come with game value info.
- Values are determined based on the Completeness field (Loose vs CIB vs New).
- See totals for your collection using the new Database Totals screen.
- Download up-to-date value information for your entire collection using the Update button in the Database Totals screen.
- On tablet devices: After adding a game to the collection it wasn’t selected
- Templates: Improved layout and colors.
- Group on the “Completeness” field by tapping the menu top right, then tap “Folders > Completeness”.
- Fixed a “non SQL exception” error that could occur during adding of certain games.
For CLZ Games on Android we have added several game-specific fields and made more fields available to edit in the edit game screen: This update is especially targeted at the serious video game collector:
New “Completeness” field: Loose vs CIB vs New
This is for the real video game collectors, especially those that are into collecting retro games:
- Added: a new “Completeness” field, to indicate how complete your copy of a game is. Choose from:
- Loose, meaning “cartridge or disc only”.
- CIB, meaning “Complete In Box”, everything included.
- New, meaning CIB and also still sealed.
- Two extra toggle fields “Manual” and “Box”.
To further specify the “Loose” status. You know, for those cartridges with just a manual, no box. Or in a box, but with the manual missing.
- Group on the “Completeness” field by tapping the menu top right, then tap “Folders > Completeness”.
- Made some improvements to the barcode scanner
- Manual focus for barcode scanning
- Crash in the add auto screen when adding a mix of new games and games on wish list by barcode
- Crash in the pick cover option in the edit screen
This update to the CLZ Games app for Android brings user interface improvements to the Add Games screen:
- All panels are now resizable (list, details, camera)
- When adding a game that is already on your wish list, the app now lets you change its status to “In Collection”.
- Adding By Barcode:
- Camera scanner is now integrated in Add screen, not a separate screen
- Tap the keyboard icon in the camera panel to enter a barcode manually
- Barcode queue is now remembered between sessions
- Press and hold to delete a barcode from the queue
- Adding By Title:
- Expand game edition list using “V” icons on the right
- Game not found? Easy add it manually using the special entry in the results list
This update introduces an easier way to deal with “Unrecognized Barcodes”.
A new screen that not only helps you to add the game to your app anyway, but also helps your fellow CLZ Games users by instantly adding the missing barcode to the CLZ Core online game database.
Easily add games that come up as “Unrecognized Barcode”:
- In the Add Games screen when a barcode is not recognized, a new “Unrecognized Barcode” screen will appear.
- In this screen:
- Just find your game by title (Search-As-You-Type is also active here!)
- Then click Add Game.
- This will:
- Add the game to YOUR database with full game details and your barcode.
- Instantly add the barcode to OUR Core online game database, connected to the game you selected.
- Split edit screen, easily switch between main and personal fields
- App respects the system screen orientation lock
- Background color for the searchbar on certain Lollipop tablet devices
- Long loading in Manage Pick Lists screen
- CLZ Cloud database detection for empty databases
- Out of sync notification on the sync button
- Improved restoring of in app purchase
- Added folder support for: multiplayer mode, edition and hardware type
- Fixed hardware keyboard enter not working in tablet search field
New: “Search-As-You-Type” suggestions when adding games by title. While enter a title to search for, a drop-down list will appear, showing the five most popular games that match. If you see the game you were looking for, just tap to select it.
- Screen rotation throughout the app
- Database totals counting hardware as games
A huge v4.3 update for your CLZ Games app is now available.
And prepare to be shocked 🙂 (in a good way, don’t worry):
The app looks completely different now, with a cleaner brighter look and an improved user interface. Here’s what’s new:
What’s new in CLZ Games 4.3 for Android?
- New “Material”-based interface, with two skins/themes: Light & Dark.
(The app now starts in the Light skin. If you prefer the Dark look, just use the View menu top right)
- Big floating blue “+” button for adding games.
- Access all other features and tools from “hamburger” menu top left.
- Clear and easy switch between All / In Collection / Wish List at the top.
- Access all other view options from menu on top right.
- Add screen: tabs at the top to switch between By Title and By Barcode modes.
- Add Manually is now a separate menu item in the menu on the left.
- Redesigned book list entries.
- Old Import from Game Collector has been moved to Settings screen!
- New “Manage Pick Lists” tool for editing and merging Platforms, Genres, Formats etc…
- Edit screen: Now edit the names of Platforms, Formats, etc…
- Edit screen: New “value picker” screen for quickly filling fields like Platform and Publisher.
- New Tools menu, with Manage Pick Lists, Field Defaults and Empty Database tools.
CLZ Games is now free to download, with a database limit of 100 games. Unlock higher database limits using In App Purchases.
If you purchased CLZ Games *before* the 4.0 release, then the 4.0 version will be automatically unlocked to an *unlimited* database size. You do NOT need to pay again 🙂
If, for whatever reason, this didn’t work for you, then just CONTACT US and and we’ll unlock it manually, free of charge!
- Easily switch between Add methods (Platform & Title / Barcode / Manual).
- Re-designed search results with included cover images.
- Now add directly from results using quick-add buttons
(no more need to open the Preview Screen).
- New black style for Preview Screen.
- Add by Barcode now automatically opens Camera Scan screen.