What's new in CLZ Games for Android?
v6.0: Improved game value features, batch editing & more!
Here it is, version 6.0 of the CLZ Games mobile app!
In this major update, we bring many improvements to the game value features, plus we finally bring you *the* most requested feature: being able to Edit Multiple Games in one go.
But there’s more, as we took this opportunity to completely re-design the Edit Game screen and to implement super useful Crop and Rotate tools for game cover images.
If you also use the Game Collector desktop software, please update your software and values in the following order to ensure correct syncing of the new Value field:
- First, update your Game Collector desktop software to version 21. Do NOT sync with CLZ Cloud yet.
- Then, update your CLZ Games mobile app to version 6.0.
Only when both sides have been updated to the latest version:
- Use Tools / Update Values in Game Collector.
- Sync with CLZ Cloud in Game Collector.
- Sync with CLZ Cloud in CLZ Games.
Here’s the full list of what’s new in version 6.0:
Improved game value downloading from PriceCharting
The downloading of Loose, CIB and New values from PriceCharting is one of the most popular features of the CLZ Games app. So for this big 6.0 update, we decided to take this feature to the next level, with values for more games, new features and many improvements:
Values for over 25,000 extra games and editions
We started on this project 3 months ago, manually linking over 25 thousand extra Core game entries to the corresponding PriceCharting entries, including lots of new PAL and JP editions. A huge job, but now ALL games and editions that are listing on PriceCharting.com are linked to entries in our Core game database!
Game lists now always show Completeness and PriceCharting values
Also, a new design for the Completeness and Value displaying in the game details.
Now download values in other currencies
Use the Settings screen (choose Settings from the menu) to select your preferred currency for the game value and purchase price fields. Choose from USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, NZD, CHF, NOK, SEK or DKK.
Then run Update Values again to retrieve games values converted to your selected currency, using the current exchange rate.
Faster Update Values tool
The Update Values tool (in the menu) previously downloaded values one game at a time, but now it does so in batches of 100 games in one go, making it much, much faster.
Edit Game screen, new Value tab
All Value related fields (Completeness, Box, Manual, Value, PC ID, Condition, Purchase info, etc…) are now on their own “Value” tab in the Edit Game screen.
New on this Value tab:
- A nice chart showing the PriceCharting video game values for Loose, CIB and New.
Tip: tab the bars in the chart to set your Completeness field.
- PriceCharting values are now downloaded into the Value field (previously called “Current Value”). This way, you can now manually override (and lock) the value and always keep your Value Totals correct (in the Statistics screen).
- You can now manually override the PriceCharting ID. Useful for cases where our game entry is linked to the wrong PriceCharting entry and you did find the correct one on the PriceCharting.com site.
- The Completeness field now has an extra N/A option for digital games. This way you can ensure your digital games are not downloading PriceCharting values.
Add Games screen
- In the Add Games from Core screen, you can now set a global US/EU preference for getting US (=NTSC) vs EU (=PAL) values and cover images (this replace the old “US default” and “EU default” entries under a game.
- Search results in the Add Games screen now show Edition, Region and PriceCharting values.
NEW: Edit Multiple Games in one go!
Finally make changes to multiple (or all) game entries in one go.
- Tap and hold on a game in the list to enter Select Mode
- Now tap more game to select them.
- Tap the menu button on the bottom right and choose “Edit [x] Games”.
- In the screen that appears, select which fields you want to edit.
(Tips: use the search box to find fields, tap the star icons to set Favorite fields)
- Tap Edit at the top right.
- Now set values, or leave fields gray to clear them.
- Tap Done at the top right to save the changes to the selected games.
Warning: the Edit Multiple feature is a very useful and powerful feature, but… remember what Uncle Ben said: With great power comes great responsibility!
IMPROVED: Edit Game screen
A new look for all edit boxes and a more compact layout, making it much easier to edit your game entries, without scrolling through long lists of fields.
- The cover image is now on its own tab, so the main tab starts with the most important edit fields at the top.
- All value related fields are now on a separate Value tab (see above)
- Fields are now laid out side-by-side, making it easier to edit all fields without endless scrolling.
- More compact look and user interface for all text edit fields.
- More compact display and editing of multi-value pick list fields like Developers, Publishers, Genres and Tags.
- Date fields: enter year, month day manually or use calendar icon to use date setter popup.
NEW: Built-in Crop and Rotate tool for cover images
In the Edit Game screen the Cover is now on its own tab, with new Crop and Rotate tools for instant rotating and cropping of self-made cover photos or downloaded images.
IMPROVED: Folder Field selection screen
Yep, another update of this screen, to make it fully consistent with the Select Edit Fields screen.
It now includes a search box at the top for quickly finding the field you want, plus the ability to create your own Favorites (just tap the star icons).