I know, I know, it’s been way too long since we last updated our Android apps. But this is all going to change soon. Please read on for happy Android news …
You see, during most of 2012, while the Android and iOS editions of our mobile apps were exactly the same… our iOS editions still sold twice as many copies …
Yes, that’s weird, with more Android devices being sold. Maybe the average Collectorz user is more likely to use iOS, maybe the average iOS user buys more apps, I don’t know.
Fact is, when we started developing the most frequently requested features for our apps,
( adding, editing, barcode scanning and two-way syncing through Connect )
the obvious choice was to do all this for the iPhone/iPad edition first …
Yes, I admit, that sucks if you’re on Android. But it got even worse:
The development of these 2.0 apps for iOS took way longer than expected
And all that time, progress on the Android editions was left at a standstill.
HOWEVER: here’s the good news: More »
Version 9 will give you automatic Author images and Wikipedia links, Author born/died information, Core for Books integration, integrated CLZ Barry support, plus a full cosmetic overhaul: Virtual Shelves, new icons, new templates, etc…
This is Alwin, with your monthly dose of Collectorz.com news. Lots of different projects
going on, on various platforms. Windows, Mac, online, iOS and yes, even on Android
- Coming up: Book Collector NINE for Mac OS X
- Reminder: Movie Collector NINE for Mac OS X is live
- Now available in the App Store: CLZ Games 2.0 for iOS
- Coming up: CLZ Barry 1.1 for Android and iOS
- Coming up: Comic Collector 5.4 for Mac and Windows
Free Comic Book Day is a single day – the first Saturday in May each year – when participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely FREE* to anyone who comes into their stores.
*Check with your local comic book shop for their participation and rules.
Of course our comic admin Rowdy has already entered ALL comics into the Collectorz.com comic database for your convenience, ready to download all issue details.
Just like the other 4, CLZ Games for iOS is now a full game cataloging app for your iPhone or iPad, with adding, editing and barcode scanning features, not just a viewer app like the 1.x versions.
Find more information and screen shots on the CLZ.com website.
Purchase price is $9.99 or equivalent in local currency.
We have just released version 9 for Movie Collector Mac OS X.
Version 9 gives you automatic images and IMDb links for actors & directors, Core for Movies support, improved Update Auto feature, custom item images plus a full cosmetic overhaul: Virtual Shelves, new templates, new icons, etc…
Saturday morning, Easter weekend and the last weekend of March 2013.
Perfect timing for your monthly Collectorz.com update.
Here’s what we’re working on nowadays:
- Coming up this Tuesday: Movie Collector 9 for Mac OS X !!
- Now live in the App Store: 2.1 versions of all 4 iOS apps
- Work in progress: CLZ Games 2.0 for iOS
- Work in progress: Core for Comics
A small, but recommended, maintenance update of Movie Collector 9 for Windows has just been released.
- Update Automatically: sometimes actor image links would disappear
- Main Screen: sorting on IMDB rating was very slow
- Quick Search: cast and crew names weren’t always searched correctly depending on the “Show Names as Last Name, First Name” option
- Edit Lists: ID column was never showing values
- Templates: movie poster or backdrop weren’t showing when movie had no links.
To update, just use Help > Check for Updates in your current version of Movie Collector.
Mac users, good news!
A new major version of Movie Collector for Mac, version NINE, is coming soon!
Yesterday we have revealed the first v9 feature to the members of our MOVIE9MAC Preview Club.
It is up on our Preview Page now, with screenshots.
This is your last chance to become a member of this MOVIE9MAC Preview club.
Just click this link, then use the form to join.