This is the November 2015 edition of the Collectorz.com Newsletter, with two announcements for important December releases. But first …
It’s Black Friday! So don’t forget our CLZ Black Friday sale:
»» Get a 1 year Update Plan or Connect subscription and get 6 months FREE! ««
(this sale ends on Cyber Monday, so 4 days left!)
Okay, back to the CLZ News. These are today’s topics:
- Coming up in December:
- Version 16 aka QuickSilver for Windows and Mac OS X.
- CLZ Movies 4.0 for iOS.
- New CLZ.com website, the home of our mobile apps.
- CLZ Server Upgrades: Faster title searches and image downloads.
It’s the end of October, so the busiest months in the cataloging world are coming up. As usual, we have lots of cool stuff planned for December and January: big updates for desktop and mobile, server upgrades, maybe even a Sale.
Here’s an overview of this months releases, plus some insight into what’s going on at the CLZ HQ:
- Music Collector v15.4 for Mac: More intuitive main screen behaviour
- Comic Collector v15.5 for Windows: Better support for TPBs and Pull Lists
- CLZ Server Upgrades: Progress Report
- What else is cooking?
This is Alwin, with your monthly dose of CLZ news. And it’s a big dose this time.
September was quite crazy for us, with multiple desktop and mobile releases, an ongoing server upgrade project and, unexpectedly, having to deal with problems caused by 3rd party software updates:
- Five 15.4 updates for Windows, with re-designed Field Selection screens.
- Three 15.4 updates for Mac, with a more intuitive behaviour of the main screen.
- Updates to all movie-related tools, now syncing more fields to cloud and mobile.
- Server upgrades: super-fast downloads for desktop software updates.
- Movie/Game Collector 15.5.2: now uses HTML5 trailer player to fix Flash-problems.
But before I give you the full story on the above 5 topics, I want to tell you about an important change to your My.CLZ.com account page :
My.CLZ.com: now lists the CLZ mobile apps you own
When you login to your CLZ Account at my.clz.com you’ll find new boxes for the iOS and Android apps, with a black checkmark shown for the apps you own (for now, this excludes CLZ Barry, sorry).
Alwin here, with the CLZ Newsletter for August 2015.
Unlike previous months, August only brought a couple of small feature releases:
- Music and Book Collector: Alphabet Bar can now also be used on Title field.
- All PC & Mac programs: New “Ignore Sort Title / Ignore Sort Names” settings.
So I am taking this opportunity to tell you about all the other stuff the 11 members of the CLZ Team are working on “behind the scenes”.
Here’s an overview of the things we do besides building new features:
Even though it’s been summer vacation time for several CLZ team members, we’ve been able to push out several huge releases, the most popular of which (by far) was the new Alphabet Bar. But don’t forget the huge book cloud update and CLZ Barry 2.0!
These are the topics of today’s newsletter, discussing all July releases and what’s cooking at the CLZ HQ at this very moment:
- CLZ Cloud 2.1 for Books: Sync your *own* data for 8 extra book fields
- CLZ Barry 2.0 for iOS and Android
- New “Alphabet Bar” in all 15.3 versions for PC & Mac
- Sharper Cover Thumbnails in all v15.3 versions for Windows
- Further improvements to Connect and the CLZ Cloud viewers
- What’s Cooking?
Despite the current heat wave in the Netherlands, the work on all our cataloging solutions is continuing.
This is the June 2015 edition of the CLZ Newsletter, with full details on last month’s releases, plus a quick overview of What’s Cooking:
- The final 3.0 app for Android is live: CLZ Music!
- Report movie data errors and missing movies to Core.
- New: “What’s New” blog for Connect & the CLZ Cloud viewer.
- What’s cooking? This is coming up next month.
Welcome to the May 2015 edition of the Collectorz.com Newsletter.
This is CLZ Alwin, with a summary of last months happenings and an important tip for getting the most out of your free CLZ Cloud service: Make it visible!
Wow, what a week! 14 major releases (fourteen!) … After 4 months of programming and testing, we can finally bring you the results of our labour:
5 v15 versions for Windows, 4 v15′s for Mac, 5 v3 apps for iOS (and 5 Android v3′s coming up).
So what’s new in all these updates? What have we been working on all this time?
Welcome to the March 2015 edition of the CLZ Newsletter.
I (Alwin) have 3 topics for you today:
- First, a progress update on the new Cloud Syncing 2.0 system and the accompanying v15 updates for PC/Mac and v3 releases of the mobile apps.
- Then, news about our continuing improvements to Connect and the free Cloud viewers.
- Last but not least, I’ll tell you about our current work on our Core online movie database.
Here we go: More »
CLZ Alwin here, with an important heads-up on the upcoming big updates for ALL our software editions, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
Please do not skip this newsletter!
I’ll try to keep it brief and “easily digestible” Here we go:
Coming up soon:
- Version 15.0 for all 5 Windows editions.
- Version 15.0 for all 4 Mac OS X editions.
- Version 3.0 for all 5 iOS apps.
- Version 3.0 for all 5 Android apps.
ETA: we’ll be launching all book related editions on all platforms within 3 weeks, then all movie ones, etc…. All products should be live in about 2 months.