CLZ Alwin here, with the final 2016 edition of the Collectorz.com newsletter. I have 3 news topics for you today:
- New Collectorz.com Help Center at Help.CLZ.com.
- New “Unrecognized Barcode” tools are a huge success!
- New iOS Add screens now live for CLZ Music and CLZ Games.
New Collectorz.com Help Center at Help.CLZ.com
As most of you know, at Collectorz.com we take Customer Support very seriously. We’re always here to answer your questions or to help with any problems you may have encountered with our cataloging tools.
To further streamline CLZ Support, Sven, one of our web-developers, has created a new Collectorz.com Help Center, at Help.CLZ.com
The new Collectorz.com Help Center replaces the old Support pages of www.collectorz.com, www.clz.com and connect.collectorz.com, so there is now only one place to go if you have questions or need help, at an easy to remember web-adress: help.clz.com.
Coming up in a few weeks: a complete re-design of our main Collectorz.com website!
New “Unrecognized Barcode” tools are a huge success!
Our new “Unrecognized Barcode” screen is now available in Book Collector for Windows and Mac, CLZ Books for iOS, Movie Collector for Windows and Mac and Game Collector for Windows.
This new tool for dealing with unrecognized barcodes not only helps you to add the book/movie/game to your database anyway, but also helps your fellow users, because it instantly adds the missing barcode to the CLZ Core.
In other words, for the next user who scans the same barcode, it will be recognized and will deliver the data that *you* entered. How cool is that?
And I am proud to report that since the introduction of the “Unrecognized Barcode” tool, you all have helped to add a HUGE amount of new barcodes to our Core:
- 621 new video game barcodes
- 1,339 new DVD and Blu-Ray barcodes
- and… 15,262 (fifteen thousand!) new book ISBNs !!!
Thank you all for using this tool, let’s try and get ALL the world’s barcodes into Core ASAP
New iOS Add screens now live for CLZ Music and CLZ Games
After many months, we have finally finished our big project of re-designing the Add screens of the iOS apps.
After CLZ Movies and CLZ Books, that were updated in November, we have now released the new Add screens for CLZ Music and CLZ Games. The 4.3 update of CLZ Comics is finished too, but it currently being reviewed by Apple, should go live before the weekend!
What’s new in the iOS Add screens?
- Switch between By Title and By Barcode using tabs at the top
- All panels are now resizable (list, details, camera)
- Add button is now at bottom right (blue circle with “+” icon)
- Barcode scanner is now integrated in Add screen, not a separate screen
- Barcode queue is now remembered between sessions
Finally, the entire CLZ team, Rowdy, Martin, Patrick, Ronald, AJ, Pim, Robbert, Sven, Eline, Joe, Sytske and me (Alwin) wishes you a Happy 2017, with lots of new additions to your music, movie, book, comic and game collections !!!
- What’s cooking for desktop, Connect and mobile?
- [CLZ News] Introducing the new CLZ Help Center: Help.CLZ.com
- [CLZ News] Manage your software on the new My.CLZ.com
- [CLZ News] Track list syncing for music / 2 new CLZ team members
- [CLZ News] Material for Android / Comic search improvements / macOS Sierra