What's new in CLZ Comics for iOS?
Coming up: CLZ Comics 5.0!
Yep, it is finally coming: CLZ Comics 5.0, for both iOS and Android!
ETA: we are currently aiming for Tuesday September 10, but no promises!
Here’s what will be new in Vee Five:
- CLZ Comics will become a subscription app
That is, for new users. Existing users will of course be “grandfathered.
- Automatic “slabbed & graded” values from GoCollect
Find the most valuable comics in your collection (premium feature, so requires a subscription).
- Lots of new value-related fields
Grade, Grading Company, Grader Notes, Slabbed vs Raw, Signed By, Is Key Comic (yes/no) and Key Reason.
- More fields now editable and syncing to/from CLZ Cloud
New editable fields: Plot, Nr of Pages, Genres, Country and Language.
- Now supports and syncs multiple collections
Create and sync multiple “sub collections” within your database.
- Automatic cloud-syncing of your own “custom” images
No more need to manually force “Upload Image to CLZ Cloud”.
CLZ Comics will become a subscription app
To allow us to keep delivering our CLZ online services (CLZ Cloud, CLZ Core, comic values, etc…) and our continuous updates to the app, CLZ Comics will become a subscription app. For new users, this subscription is necessary for access to the following CLZ online services:
- CLZ Core: for adding comics by title or barcode
- CLZ Cloud: for online backups and syncing between devices
- Getting “slabbed & graded” comic values from GoCollect.
What if you already purchased the app earlier?
Of course, if you have purchased the app earlier, you will be grandfathered under the old policy and you will automatically receive a life-time app unlock. Which means:
- You keep ALL functionality that you had before v5. In particular, you keep full access to your existing Core and Cloud functionality. You do not lose anything.
- You can still update your app to v5 and enjoy the new “non-premium” improvements.
- You can keep updating your app and keep getting our app improvements.
- You do not need to pay for a subscription.
- Subscribing for the extra Premium “automatic values” service is optional.
- Also, if you decide to subscribe for the premium services, and that subscription expires later, your app status will fall back to your grandfathered life-time app unlock. In other words, your grandfathering will always “survive”.
TIP for existing users:
The “grandfathering” of your app should happen automatically, based on the existing App Store or Play Store info. But the best way to make sure you are getting grandfathered is to REGISTER YOUR APP to a CLZ Account NOW (in the current v4).
If you already have a CLZ Account, make sure your app is logged in. If you don’t, just sign up for an account right from the app.
Optional “premium” service: get comic values from GoCollect
So… existing users will get everything they had before (and more), without paying again.
However, with v5 we are offering a new, optional Premium online service, that does require a subscription:
- Getting slabbed & graded values from GoCollect
To subscribe for this Premium service, you can:
- Pay monthly, for US $1.49 per month
- Pre-pay for 1 year, for US $14.95 (~ US $1.25 per month)
Automatic “slabbed & graded” values from Go Collect
Yes, it is finally, going to happen. CLZ Comics will finally give you automatic comic values, thanks to our new collaboration with the GoCollect.com comic book price guide.
But please note:
- GoCollect only tracks values of slabbed and graded comics!
- The values are based on recent actual sales on auction sites (like eBay).
- The values delivered are higher than the average value of a raw copy.
- You will not get values for all comics in your collection.
(most users are getting values for about 10% to 20% of their list)
So in other words: if you’re into getting comics slabbed and graded, the new automatic values feature will be a great tool for you, to determine the values of the slabbed comics and to find out potential values of your raw comics *if* you would get them graded.
Got raw comics only, and not interested in getting any of them graded? Then this feature will be less interesting for you. It could still help you find the most valuable comics in your collection, but the “absolute” values will not be meaningful for your raw copies.
In any case, this is an optional feature (also costing US $14.95 per year).
If you don’t need it, or don’t want it, no problem 🙂 Just keep enjoying the existing cataloging features of the CLZ Comics app, start enjoying all the new features and save yourself some money 🙂
Lots of new value-related fields
To accompany the automatic comic pricing feature, we will introduce several new pricing related fields, all to be found in the new Value tab of the Edit Comic screen:
- Grade, replaces the Condition field
(all your existing Condition values will be moved to the Grade field).
- Grading Company (CGC, CBCS, etc..)
- Grader Notes
- Slabbed vs Raw
- Is Key Comic (yes/no)
- Key Reason
- Signed By (list of people who signed your comic)
More fields now editable and syncing to/from CLZ Cloud
The following fields will become editable in the app (and will fully sync to/from CLZ Cloud:
- Nr of Pages
Now supports and syncs multiple collections
With v5, CLZ Comics will support multiple collections within your database. Just create them from the menu and switch between them. Of course, multiple collections created in the Connect or desktop editions will then fully sync to the CLZ Comics mobile app too.
Automatic cloud-syncing of your own “custom” images
No more need to manually “Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud”, just toggle the Custom Image box in the Edit Comic screen and it will upload automatically the next time you sync. Also, for future images that you replace, the Custom Image box will automatically be toggled, so that your image automatically syncs to the cloud.