Follow the steps below to transfer your program, your database and your images from the old computer to the new computer.
1. Install Music Collector on the new computer
- Download your latest version of Music Collector from your My CLZ account.
- Install Music Collector on the new computer.
- Unlock Music Collector with your My CLZ username and password.
2. Copy the “Music Collector” folder in “Documents” to your new computer
You need to copy the Music Collector folder from your Documents folder on the old computer to the Documents folder on the new computer.
- Important: Old computer: Close Music Collector if it’s open.
- Old computer: Go to your “Documents” folder and find a folder called “Music Collector”.
- Copy this folder to a USB stick, or burn it to a CD, or transfer it over your Network to your new computer.
3. Place the “Music Collector” folder in “Documents” on your new computer
- Important: New computer: Close Music Collector if it’s open.
- Go to your “Documents” folder and place the copied “Music Collector” folder here.
(also place your database file here if it was stored separately on your old computer).
- If you’re asked if you would like to replace files, answer with YES.
4. Start the program and open your database
- New computer: Start Music Collector
- Use menu “File > Open Database” and open your Music Collector database file.
- If you can’t find the file, it should be in your “Documents > Music Collector” folder and it has an *.MUC extension.
5. Optional: Fix your cover images automatically
If you don’t see your cover images right away, it could be that the filepaths to your image/other files are broken. Use the ““Tools > Maintenance > Update File Links” screen to fix this.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.