Preparing for import
With Music Collector you can import a .csv or text list. Music Collector’s text import is limited to these fields: Artist, Title, UPC (Barcode) and TOC. It is not possible to import any additional fields.
- Create a *.txt or *.csv file with a text editor program such as Notes or TextEdit with all your “to be imported” albums (you can also export to a *.txt or *.csv file from your Spreadsheet program).
- Save this text or CSV file (with UTF8 encoding).
Here’s how to import your text / csv file:
- Start Music Collector
- Click: File > Import From > Text
- Click Browse and locate your txt/csv file
- Set the text qualifiers and delimiters to match your text file
- *Check the preview** to ensure everything appears correctly
- Once complete, click OK to import the list
Updating your data
After importing you can retrieve more information from the Core for Music Online Database. Here’s how:
- Click Edit > Select All
- Click Edit > Update Album(s) Automatically
- A message will appear asking you if you’d like to link your albums, click Yes.
- Music Collector will now search our online database
- Results will be shown at the bottom of the screen
- Select a result form our database then click Update
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.