Catalog CDs, vinyl and music files on your Windows PC
Oct 8, 2021
Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
Try Music Collector FREE
software updates + online services
Browse, sort and search your music collection in various layouts and views
Music Collector's main screen is highly customizable, so that you can make it look the way you want. Choose between:
- Multiple layouts for the main screen folder, list and details panels.
- List, Images or Card View for your album lists.
- Different templates for the album details panel.
- Light, Dark and System skins for all screens.
Easily add CDs and vinyl to your database, by inserting CDs, by Artist and Title or by Barcode
Adding new albums to your personal music inventory is quick and easy. Choose from 3 methods:
- Just insert the CD to have the program scan its' CD-ID, then use the CD-ID to search our central online CD database (for CDs only).
- Enter or scan the CD barcode to search our online CD database by barcode (for CDs only).
- Enter the Artist and Title and select the best match from our online database (great for both vinyl and CDs).
Our Core online music database will then automatically provide
- Full albums details like artist, title, format, label, release date, etc...
- Full track lists, with song titles, artists and track duration info.
- Cover images (front and back).
Organize your music files (MP3, M4A, OGG, WMA, FLAC, etc ...) by scanning your folders
MMusic Collector can also organize your music files. Just let it scan your computer for digital music files, then automatically create new albums in your music database using the information from the file tags (ID3v1, ID3v2, etc...). After that, the audio files can be played right from your album details panel
Free CLZ Cloud storage for backups, syncing and sharing
Use the free CLZ Cloud service to:
- always have an online backup of your music database.
- synchronize your data to other computers and mobile devices.
- share your album list online, for friends and family (example).
Other features and tools
- Efficiently edit your data using field defaults, batch editing, direct editing in main screen list, etc..
- Add missing cover images by searching the internet with the built-in Find Image Online tool.
- Customize your database by renaming existing fields, or by creating your own User Defined Fields.
- Manage your loans with the integrated Loan Manager system.
- Export your music database to Text or XML files.
- Print album lists in any order, with your configurable columns.
Latest Music Collector updates
Music Collector reviews from customers
A few days ago my separate hard drive died and could not be brought back to life enough to recover my database for Music collector! I had backups done rather regularly, but on the crash it was not up to date, but the CLZ Cloud was since it is so easy to synchronize both database (cloud and PC).
The Music Collector software was intact since it is installed on a different HD, but my database was lost. I then tried to reverse synchronize from CLZ Cloud and within minutes of download everything was back in my PC and running.
Voilà, a quick story of my experience of the day with the CLZ Cloud!
Again thank you for a wonderful program. 5/5
WOW! I can’t believe how well your systems are designed to work both at PC level, mobile phone app and synced in the cloud. I’m very impressed. I have almost 1,000 CD’s to catalogue into my database and I can’t believe how much easier it is to just scan the barcode using the CLZ Music app and syncing it into the cloud and back onto my PC. The only time I seem to have to use the CD insert in the PC (rather than scanning barcode) is when the CD doesn’t exist in your database. I find it easier to manually enter it via Music Collector on the PC. I also use Music Collector when a CD has multiple discs as I like to keep a separate log for each physical disc.
At the moment I need to finish off another personal project before I get stuck into updating my CD’s in Music Collector/CLZ Music. I will be like a little kid in a chocolate shop when I get started.
Thanks again and wish you continued success with your products.
So thank-you, keep up the great work and above all else keep smiling, if for no other reason than to make others wonder why.
The reason I bought this software is to see if I have a particular song (usually on some compilation CD of greatest hits of the 80's or something) where there are various artists. Do I have a copy of "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers?....well this software will find it if its in there to be found! The whole point being not to buy duplicates so much..as to find if I have it already (and odds ARE I DO!!)...But where? On What CD Might it appear???? This program EASILY solves the problem I wanted to solve, and as far as I am concerned is money well spent, and that sir, is the very definition of VALUE!
I really would like to send a special thank to AJ with the patience and kindness he spent with me.
And by the end I would like to congratulate Alwin since the begining when I started my relation with Collectorz in 2005.
Hope Covid passes you by and good mood stays with you each day.
Stay strong, keep smiling!