Catalog CDs, vinyl and music files on your Windows PC
Aug 31, 2023
Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
Try Music Collector FREE
software updates + online services
Tip: use Music Collector together with the CLZ Music mobile app
Our CLZ Music mobile app is a great companion to the Music Collector desktop software, as it lets you take your collection with you on your phone or tablet. And, it has a built-in barcode scanner for easily adding new purchases.
Of course, you can easily sync your collection data between them through our CLZ Cloud.
Browse, sort and search your music collection in various layouts and views
Music Collector's main screen is highly customizable, so that you can make it look the way you want. Choose between:
- Multiple layouts for the main screen folder, list and details panels.
- List, Images or Card View for your album lists.
- Different templates for the album details panel.
- Light, Dark and System skins for all screens.
Easily add CDs and vinyl to your database, by inserting CDs, by Artist and Title or by Barcode
Adding new albums to your personal music inventory is quick and easy. Choose from 3 methods:
- Just insert the CD to have the program scan its' CD-ID, then use the CD-ID to search our central online CD database (for CDs only).
- Enter or scan the CD barcode to search our online CD database by barcode (for CDs only).
- Enter the Artist and Title and select the best match from our online database (great for both vinyl and CDs).
Our Core online music database will then automatically provide
- Full albums details like artist, title, format, label, release date, etc...
- Full track lists, with song titles, artists and track duration info.
- Cover images (front and back).
Organize your music files (MP3, M4A, OGG, WMA, FLAC, etc ...) by scanning your folders
MMusic Collector can also organize your music files. Just let it scan your computer for digital music files, then automatically create new albums in your music database using the information from the file tags (ID3v1, ID3v2, etc...). After that, the audio files can be played right from your album details panel
Free CLZ Cloud storage for backups, syncing and sharing
Use the free CLZ Cloud service to:
- always have an online backup of your music database.
- synchronize your data to other computers and mobile devices.
- share your album list online, for friends and family (example).
Other features and tools
- Efficiently edit your data using field defaults, batch editing, direct editing in main screen list, etc..
- Add missing cover images by searching the internet with the built-in Find Image Online tool.
- Customize your database by renaming existing fields, or by creating your own User Defined Fields.
- Manage your loans with the integrated Loan Manager system.
- Export your music database to Text or XML files.
- Print album lists in any order, with your configurable columns.
Latest Music Collector updates
Music Collector reviews from customers
I have been using it since version 9 but decided to re-catalogue my whole CD collection into the current version rather than import it, as I wanted the time to review (and remember) what I have (many of my CDs go back to the 1980's as you will see!)
During the entry of some of my more obscure titles I used Discogs to get the actual artwork of my actual CD when CLZ did not return an image. I just love the versatile way CLZ works in this regard.
I am constantly singing the praises of CLZ to my friends.
As Bob Pearce said " Keep on Keepin' On!!!"
Two weeks ago, my hard drive crashed. The technician who replaced my hard drive made a mess of my programs and data files.
The Music Collector support pages walked me through recovering my data files and cover images.
I am very happy with the instructions and the ability to recover all my information. I will continue to use and support the Music Collector program.
Mijn complimenten hiervoor.
Thank you very much for your support.