Transferring your data from CD Trustee to Music Collector
We don’t want you to lose all your hard work on your CD database, so we have created a seamless way to transfer your CD Trustee database to Music Collector. Here’s how to do it:
First, export your data from CD Trustee to a CSV file:
- Download and install the latest version of CD Trustee (released April 2011)
- Start CD Trustee and make sure your CD database is open.
- From the menu, choose File / Export To Music Collector
- Choose a filename and location for the exported CSV file and click Save.
- The export will now start and will notify you when it’s done.
On 64-bit Vista or Windows 7?
Then the above CD Trustee installer won’t work for you. Please download and run this special CD Trustee to Music Collector conversion tool instead, and follow the instructions on screen.
Now import the CSV file into Music Collector:
- Download and install the trial edition of Music Collector.
- Start Music Collector and click menu File > New Database to create a new, empty database.
- Click menu File > Save As and choose a filename and location for your new Music Collector file.
- Now click menu File > Import From > CD Trustee from the menu.
- Click Browse and navigate to the CSV file you just exported from CD Trustee.
- Click Import to start the import process.
- A progress bar will show the progress of the import process. This may take a while as this will import all your data and will copy your cover images to the Music Collector.
- When it’s done, you will get a screen showing the number of imported albums.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.