Subscriptions for the desktop software were previously called “Update Plans” or “Service Plans”.
On Feb 12, 2019 the desktop software has become subscription software, and the new “Subscriptions” replaced the old “Update Plans” / “Service Plans”
For new customers, who purchased after Feb 12, 2019, a Subscription is necessary to access the following CLZ services:
- the CLZ Core online database (to get information and images)
- the CLZ Cloud storage (for backups, sharing and syncing to other devices)
- the Find Cover Online service
- software updates (new features, improvements and maintenance builds)
- second line tech support
Grandfathering of the old policy
Don’t worry: if your original Update Plan was started before Feb 12, 2019, you will be “grandfathered” on the old policy. In that case, your Core, Cloud and Find Cover functionality will always keep working, whether you have an active subscription or not.
Still you do need an active Subscription to get access to:
- Software updates
- 2nd line customer support.
- any new “premium” CLZ online services introduce after Feb 12, 2019, for example:
- Getting IMDb Rating and Votes and Adding Movies from IMDb, in Movie Collector
- Getting comic pricing from GoCollect, in Comic Collector
- Adding Hardware from Core and Adding Games by Platform, in Game Collector
Also, by keeping your Subscription active, you are supporting the development and maintenance of the CLZ online services (Core, Cloud, Find Cover, etc..).
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.