Here’s how to switch from CATVids to Movie Collector.
Step 1: In CATVids:
- Click “File > Export > XML”.
- Select “Videos”.
- Click “Export”.
Step 2: In Movie Collector:
- Click “File > Import from > CATVids XML”.
- In the “Import from CATVids XML” screen, “browse” to the XML file.
- If (some of) your CATVids using relative image paths, also indicate the location of your cover images.
- Click the “Import” button.
You can try this in the trial software with 25 movies first, so you won’t run into the trial limit too soon. When you like what you see, purchase your Movie Collector license and import your complete CATVids database.
Warning: “0 movies imported”
Here are some things to check when you get “0 movies imported”:
- Make sure you click “VIDEOS” in the export in CATVids.
- Make sure you click “Import from CATVids XML” and not “XML” in Movie Collector.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.