If all settings are default, most movie and program data is saved in your Documents > Movie Collector folder. It could be that you wish to stop using the default Documents location (maybe you have a new HDD/SSD/Network location that you wish to use.
Move all data to the new Drive Location
- Close the Movie Collector if it’s open.
- Go to your Documents folder and find your Movie Collector folder there.
- Select this Movie Collector folder and move it to your new drive location.
Fix all broken image paths
Now that you’ve moved all files to the new location, the image links in your Movie Collector’s database are all broken.
- Open Movie Collector and open your database (because it will not automatically open your database).
- Use the Tools > Maintenance > Update File Links to fix all broken image links
Prepare Movie Collector for all the new movies you will add in the future
Now to make sure new items you add also save all their images in the correct folder, you have to perform these final steps:
- Click on Tools > Options,
- Click “Folders”
- Set all those user folders that are pointing to your Documents > Comic Collector > etc. folder to their new corresponding folder inside the “Movie Collector” folder on your new drive location.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.