Here’s what to do if you encounter errors in the downloaded movie data from our central online movie database:
First, check if you selected the correct movie entry
The most common cause for “wrong” data we see is users selecting the wrong movie entry from the search results, e.g. a different movie with the same title.
So before you report a data error to our content managers, please make sure you actually selected the correct movie. This can be done by re-trying the “By Title” search in your Add Movies Automatically screen, then taking a look at the various search results.
Still seeing erroneous data? Then report the error and we’ll fix it ASAP
100% sure you selected the correct movie and you’re still seeing errors in the data?
Then please use our Core for Movies system to report the error to us and our content managers will fix the problems as soon as possible.
Here’s how to report data errors through Core:
- In the Add Movies Automatically (or Movie Collector main screen) choose “Report Data Error”
- This will take take you to the Core for Movies website, with your movie selected.
- (alternatively, go to Core for Movies directly and find the movie you want to report an error for.)
- Indicate the problem area (choose from Cast, Crew, Plot, YouTube Trailer and Other).
- Optionally, include some Notes explaining the data error in more details.
- Finally, click the “Report Data Error” button.
- Our content managers will then fix the data error for you, usually within a few days.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.