What's new in Music Collector for macOS?
New view for the main screen: Card View
Next to List View, Images View and Cover Flow, we have added a Card View, a multi-column view with little info cards for each album, showing the main album details and a small cover thumbnail.
Delete Orphaned Images
Clean up your hard-disk by deleting all unused cover images and thumbnails.
- This tool scans your configured Images Folder or database container to find all images
that are not linked to your current database file.
- Browse the list of found orphaned images in List or Images View.
Check thoroughly to make sure these can all be deleted.
- Finally, use the red “Delete Selected Images” button,
and all “checked” images will be removed from your computer.
WARNING: Do NOT use this tool if you have multiple databases !!!!
Enhanced database Backup and Restore system
Keep multiple time-stamped backups and easily restore them.
- The software now keeps multiple time-stamped database backups of data,
saved inside your Backup folder as “[yourdatabasename].mucp[timestamp] [# of items] Albums”.
- Use the new “Backup Folder” option in Music Collector / Preferences / Folders to set your Backup folder location.
- Use the new “Number of Days” setting in Music Collector / Preferences / Backup to select
how many days of backups you want to keep. Older files are automatically pruned.
- Use the Tools / Maintenance / Restore Database submenu to easily restore a backup.
Restored backups are copied back inside your MUCP database file.
Upon conversion of the database, the software will move all old format backups from inside the database file to the Backup Folder that has been set in Music Collector / Preferences / Folders, making the database file a lot smaller in size.
New QuickSilver template, new QuickSilver Shelves for Images View
- “Out of memory” crashes after using the program for a few hours.
- Main screen sort order was not preserved when using Edit in List feature.
- Add Music Files: Crash when clicking the Scan button a second time.
- 2 Panels / Image View / Alphabet Bar : sometimes the edit screen wouldn’t open.
- Sorting on numeric fields: empty values were not sorted correctly.
- Yosemite only: Export to Text screen didn’t open.
- Add Auto: Edit After Adding: values in Pick Lists were not saved
- Add Auto/Update: Include Core Links preference was not working.
- Preferences, Filename Parsing screen crashed.