What's new in Movie Collector for Windows?
New options and icons for digital movie formats
With digital movie formats becoming more popular, we have decided to add the most popular ones as default choices in the Format list, all with nice new list icons and logos for the details panel.
Now available as new Format choices:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple iTunes
- Google Play
- Microsoft Movies & TV
- Playstation Video
New Format picker drop-down in Add Movies from Core
The new format choices have now also been added to the Format picker in the Add Movies from Core screen. Just click the blue Format button and pick from the format choices, nicely separated in “Physical” and “Digital” sections:
Renamed Blu-ray and 4K UHD formats
To conform with the more commonly used naming, we have renamed two formats:
- “Blu-ray Disc” to just “Blu-ray”
- “Ultra HD Blu-ray” to just “4K UHD”
Also, the 4K UHD format now has a new icon!
More tweaks to the Add button in Add Movies from Core
We already worked on this area in the previous update, but we were still not completely satisfied. So more tweaks to the Add button in the Add Movies from Core screen today:
- All Collection Status values are now available, including “For Sale” and “On Order”!
- The little popup menu now indicates the selected value with a checkmark.
- The Add button itself now says “Add to Collection” or “Add to Wishlist”.