What's new in Book Collector for Windows?
Book Collector (Windows)
February 14th, 2017
Quick Search: Search-As-You-Type suggestions
Instantly find and select a particular book in your local database:
- In the Quick Search box, just start typing the first few letters of the author or title you are looking for.
- While typing, a drop-down list will appear, showing the first five matching books.
(for most books, it only takes 2 or 3 letters before it shows up.)
- Once you see the one you were looking for, use the up/down keys to select it, then hit Enter.
- The book will now be selected in your list, with the details showing in the Details Panel.
Quick Search: Search Field selector
Narrow down your searches to a particular field, e.g. search in Title only, or Plot only:
- Click the new arrow button to the left of the Quick Search box.
A list of search fields will appear.
- Now pick the field you want to search in.
- Use the Quick Search box as you normally would to search in this field only.
New Multi-Image-Viewer pop-up
Easily browse all images attached to a book:
- In the book details panel, click an image to open it in the new Multi-Image-Viewer popup.
- Click the thumbnails on the left (or just use up/down keys) to browse through all images attached to the book:
front cover, back cover, backdrop and all other image files.
- No more need to close the popup and click to re-open for the next image.
v18.4.2: More images now available in Find Cover screen September 17th, 2018 Success rate for ISBN searches now 97%! (was 90%) August 6th, 2018 v18.4.1: Secure HTTPS connections July 30th, 2018 v18.3.3: Fixed display problem in two panel mode June 28th, 2018 v18.3.2: Several fixes for “Access Violation” errors June 27th, 2018 v18.3.1: Selection checkboxes / New Action Bars May 30th, 2018 v18.2: Full support for High DPI screens / Large Fonts May 23rd, 2018 v18.1.2: Maintenance build with lots of fixes January 18th, 2018 v18.1: Add Books screen: Better and faster Author/Title searches January 10th, 2018 v18.0.6: Various tweaks and fixes for version 18 January 4th, 2018 v18.0.5: Fixed sorting in the pick item screens and more December 21st, 2017 v18.0.4: Edit Screen: Updated the Genre and Subject fields December 20th, 2017 v18.0.3: Maintenance build with fixes December 18th, 2017 v18.0.2: Some fixes for the new Edit Book screens December 12th, 2017 v18: Auto-Cloud-Syncing, revamped Edit screen, new “Clean” template and more! December 11th, 2017 v17.2.5: Fixed invisible queue entries October 11th, 2017 v17.2.4: Fixed Access Violation in Add from CLZ Core screen September 14th, 2017 v17.2.3: Fixed an issue with checking/unchecking in Add Screen September 14th, 2017 v17.2.2: New icons for the Add from CLZ Core screen and fixes August 24th, 2017 v17.2: Now sync your Loan Information to CLZ Cloud / Book Connect! July 20th, 2017 v17.1.2: New: Sort your author/title results with right mouse click June 26th, 2017 v17.1.1: A completely new Add Books screen! June 1st, 2017 v17.0.7: Fixed the “Update” button in the Edit Screen April 26th, 2017 v17.0.6: Fixed a “Cannot focus window” error. April 25th, 2017 v17.0.5: Fixed an error and added new links to the What’s New page April 13th, 2017