What's new in Movie Collector for Windows?
Movie Collector (Windows)
January 28th, 2019
Great news! We now have a new and more comprehensive content licensing agreement with IMDb, which means the IMDb features are back in your Movie Collector software!
IMDb features are back!
- When adding new movies, it automatically downloads IMDb Ratings and Links again.
- The IMDb Number field has been replaced with an IMDb URL field. Of course, your existing IMDb numbers have automagically been turned into IMDb URLs.
- In your movie details panel, the IMDb Ratings are shown in “IMDb yellow” again 🙂
The new IMDb content license is more comprehensive, so more IMDb related data and features are coming soon, including:
- Official cast and crew listings, straight from IMDb.
- A tool for updating all your IMDb Ratings with fresh ratings from IMDb.
HOWEVER: Because the new license is also very expensive, we have decided to only deliver IMDb Ratings and Links to users who are on a valid, non-expired Update Plan.
Fixed for 64-bit version: Image scanning and web-cam scanning
Right after the release of v19, we started receiving reports from users that their image scanners would not be found when using the 64-bit version. Other users reported that the web-cam scanning would not work anymore.
A temporary work-around has been to use the 32-bit version of version 19.
In the meantime, our Windows developer Joe has been working hard to get both of these problems resolved and I am happy to report that both have been fixed in today’s version 19.0.8:
- 64-bit version now uses WIA to connect with image scanners. When acquiring, make sure to select the WIA driver for your scanner, not TWAIN.
- Scanning barcodes with your webcam scanner is working again.
If you have been using the 32-bit version as a workaround, please switch to the 64-bit version again (this is a choice during installation).
Then, please let us know your findings, is everything working again?
IMDb, IMDb.COM, and the IMDb logo are trademarks of IMDb.com, Inc. or its affiliates.