What's new in Movie Collector for Windows?
Movie Collector (Windows)
November 30th, 2015
Webcam barcode scanning
Use your webcam as a barcode scanner, to add or find movies by barcode.
- Scan barcodes with your webcam
Just use the live camera view to point your webcam at a barcode
and let our software detect the barcode that is in view.
- Use the webcam scanner to add movies by barcode
Pop-up the scan window and scan DVDs or Blu-rays,
either using Direct Search or scanning into the Queue.
- Or use it in the main screen to find movies by barcode
Scan a DVD or Blu-ray while in the main screen,
to quickly search your local database by barcode.
- Works best with auto-focus or manual-focus webcams
Fixed focus cameras will not work well (or at all).
Delete Orphaned Images
Clean up your hard-disk by deleting all unused cover images and thumbnails.
- This tool scans your configured Images Folders to find all images
that are not linked to your current database file.
- Browse the list of found orphaned images in List or Images View.
Check thoroughly to make sure these can all be deleted.
- Finally, use the red “Delete Selected Images” button,
and all “checked” images will be removed from your computer.
WARNING: Do NOT use this tool if you have multiple databases !!!!
Enhanced database Backup and Restore system
Keep multiple time-stamped backups and easily restore them.
- The software now keeps multiple time-stamped database backups,
saved to your Backups folder as “backup of [yourdatabasename] – [timestamp].mvc”.
- Use the new “Number of Days” setting in Tools / Options / Backup to select
how many days of backups you want to keep. Older files are automatically pruned.
- Use the Tools / Maintenance / Restore Database submenu to easily restore a backup.
Restored backups are copied back to your Data folder as “[yourdatabasename RESTORED.mvc”.
New QuickSilver template, new QuickSilver Shelves for Images View