What's new in Movie Collector for macOS?
Quick Search: Search-As-You-Type suggestions
Instantly find and select a particular movie in your local database:
- In the Quick Search box, just start typing the first few letters of the title you are looking for.
- While typing, a drop-down list will appear, showing the first five matching movies.
(for most movies, it only takes 2 or 3 letters before it shows up.)
- Once you see the one you were looking for, use the up/down keys to select it, then hit Enter.
- The movie will now be selected in your list, with the details showing in the Details Panel.
NOTE: this Search-As-You-Type feature replaces the old “filter-as-you-type” behaviour of the Quick Search box. If you want to go back to the old behaviour, you can do so in the Preferences screen, on the Behaviour page using the setting called “When typing in Quick Search box”.
Quick Search: Search Field selector
Narrow down your searches to a particular field, e.g. search in Title only, or Plot only:
- Click the new arrow button to the left of the Quick Search box.
A list of search fields will appear.
- Now pick the field you want to search in.
- Use the Quick Search box as you normally would to search in this field only.
New Multi-Image-Viewer pop-up
Easily browse all images attached to a movie:
- In the movie details panel, click an image to open it in the new Multi-Image-Viewer popup.
- Click the thumbnails on the left (or just use up/down keys) to browse through all images attached to the movie:
front cover, back cover, movie poster, backdrop and all other image files.
- No more need to close the popup and click to re-open for the next image.