What's new in Movie Collector for macOS?
Movie Collector (macOS)
June 8th, 2018
A BIG update for your Movie Collector software today, with two important changes:
1. Secure HTTPS connections, for your security and privacy
As indicated in our recent GDPR email, we are updating our software and services, to be more secure and to better protect your privacy.
Starting with version 18.2, Movie Collector now uses secure HTTPS connections for all communications with our servers:
- for logging in with your username and password
- for syncing your data with CLZ Cloud
- for sending your searches to Core.
To make this possible, we have created new secure “entry points” on our servers, that are only allowing secure HTTPS connections. The new Movie Collector software only communicates with those secure entry points.
For your privacy and security, we strongly recommend updating to version 18.2.
2. More sync fields
Last week, our CLZ Cloud (and Movie Connect) has been updated with 9 more fields and loan information. Today’s version 18.2 now supports the syncing of all these new fields and your loan information to and from the CLZ Cloud!
Added for syncing:
- Full Release Date (previously, only the year was synced)
- IMDb Number
- IMDb Rating
- Audience Rating
- Box Set
Heads up: after updating to version 18.2, the software will automatically mark most of your movies as “changed”, to force the upload of your data for the new fields to the CLZ Cloud.
BTW: Updates for the CLZ Movies mobile apps are coming up soon, so that you can fully sync the above new fields from desktop to mobile and vice versa.
- Preferences: Ignore Sort Title Setting was ignored
- Add Movies Files: Batch add checked for movie files was not working