What's new in Comic Collector for macOS?
Comic Collector (macOS)
September 22nd, 2016
New: “Search-As-You-Type” suggestions when adding comics by title
If you are adding most of your comics “By Title”, then this will be a huge time-saver.
Here’s how the new “Search-As-You-Type” feature works:
- In the Add Comics Automatically screen, just start typing the first letters of the series title you want to add issues for.
- While typing, a drop-down list will appear, instantly showing the five most popular series that match,
including the date range, the number of issues contained and a small thumbnail image.
- For popular series, it usually takes only 2 or 3 letters before it shows up.
For older or less popular series, type a few more letters.
- Once you see your series appear, use the arrow keys to select it, then hit Enter.
- Then under Search Results, that exact series will be listed, with its’ issue list.
Important: this is an *extra* tool, that makes it easier and faster to add popular series.
Just hit Enter or choose “Show all results for “..” to see the full search results.
See it in action:
Faster and better results when searching series By Title
Next to the new Search-As-You-Type system, we have also improved the “normal” By Title search engine:
- Super-fast results for your searches (almost instant).
- Cleaner, more focused results, less fuzzy. For example, where previously a search for “batman rebirth” would show all series that would contain “batman” OR “rebirth” in their name, the results now just show series that contain BOTH words.
- The order of the results is weighted by popularity. A search for “amazing spider-man” will give you the main volumes at the top, with less popular series further down below.