What's new in Book Connect?
New: Import text / CSV files
January 3rd, 2017
Do you already have a list of your movies, books, cds, comics or games? E.g. entered in a spread-sheet program, or created using a different cataloging tool, then exported to CSV?
Cool, you can now easily get that list into your Collectorz.com program (desktop, mobile or Connect). Just use our new flexible import tool to import your existing list into the CLZ Cloud. This will make your list instantly available in Connect. Or sync to the mobile app or desktop software using the CLZ Cloud syncing.
- While logged into the Connect software, click the wrench icon top right, then choose Import.
- Select the fields that are in your text file, by dragging them from the Available section to the Selected section.
- Use the Skip Field entry to skip columns in your text file.
- If you can’t find a suitable cloud field for your column, but still want to preserve the data, use the Add to Notes option.
- Under Settings, indicate the format of your text file (Delimiter and Field Enclosure).
- Under File, browse to the file you want to import.
- Use Preview to check the results.
- Everything okay? Then proceed to actually Import.
v8.0: 7 new data fields! January 16th, 2023 New collection view : Vertical Cards! July 7th, 2022 Lots of new features and tweaks in one go! June 29th, 2022 Improved Pre-fill screen: choose your own fields! March 4th, 2022 New “Add from Core” settings: select which fields you want to download from Core November 25th, 2021 New: Progress bars for slower actions November 24th, 2021 Search by Barry / Cloud Visibility per Collection September 21st, 2021 Easier Columns & Sorting / remove Core covers / more Field Defaults September 1st, 2021 Enhanced Collection Status filter and more Update from Core fields August 13th, 2021 New fields! Translator, Editor, Photographer, web-links, etc… March 17th, 2021 3 new settings to save screen space February 19th, 2021 New currency settings January 29th, 2021 New: Pre-fill fields while adding books December 10th, 2020 Various improvements July 27th, 2020 Improved “Edit Multiple” screen July 15th, 2020 AutoCap Subtitles July 15th, 2020 Add Books: select your preferred Regions June 4th, 2020 New Crop and Rotate tool for cover images May 20th, 2020 Choose all Collection Status options when adding April 6th, 2020 Many new customization settings March 26th, 2020 New Shelves View March 19th, 2020 Server-side settings / Favorites for Columns & Sorting March 10th, 2020 New: Re-assign index values February 20th, 2020 Faster loading of images through WebP image format January 27th, 2020 Improvements to Edit and Add screens January 17th, 2020