What's new in Music Collector for Windows?
Music Collector (Windows)
v18.1: Full support for larger text size / Several Add screen tweaks
April 10th, 2018
Full support for larger text sizes (Full DPI Awareness)
With super hi-res 4K (or even 5K) screens becoming quite common, more and more people are running Windows with the Font Size (DPI scaling) set to 125% or 150%, to keep text readable. So earlier this year, we released maintenance builds for all Windows editions to fix various layout problems when running Windows with “large fonts”.
Today, with version 18.1 we’re taking the next step: Music Collector is now fully “DPI Aware”. Starting with this version, if you have increased your font size in Windows, the program will actually follow that setting and use bigger text fonts in all screens!
On top of that, texts now look sharper, less fuzzy, making full use of your hi-res screen.
Improvements to the Add Albums from Core screen
- Single Search Box: Just one box for searching (e.g. like Google or Amazon). No more separate Artist and Title boxes. Just enter (part of) the artist’s name and (part of) the title and you will get the best matching results. (see the screen shot below with “metallica justice” results”)
- Changed timing of “Report missing barcode” popup: The missing barcode popup now pops up when you click on a “not found” result instead of interfering while you’re still scanning barcodes.
- Easier way of adding multi-disc albums: Add multi-disc albums by selecting multiple results from your search. Just check the boxes next to the results to compile a multi-disc album and add it to your collection straight away:
Adding Multi-Disc Albums by Artist and Title:
Adding Multi-Disc Albums by Barcode:
- Edit Album:
- Index field had a typo
- Clicking next or previous could create a second + button in the User Defined Fields tab
- Edit Multiple: Enabled acquire button in edit multiple
- Quick Search: We’ve fixed normalization for quick searches so words with umlauts/accents etc. are now easier to be found.
- Fixed a problem with folder paths for users that have their Documents folder rooted to an external drive (program wouldn’t install properly).
- Link Screen could show “Link Selected” button even if there were no matches.
- Template: Fixed an issue where the template could become “white” if arrow keys were used on the keyboard
- Light Skin: Better visibility for selected items in your lists.
- User Defined Fields: It was possible to create invisible User Defined Fields which would then never show up in the edit screen.
v23: Now supports our new CLZ Scanner barcode scanner app March 30th, 2023 v22: Configurable Pre-fill & Update from Core + WebP support February 23rd, 2022 v21.5 Improved Submit to Core system October 8th, 2021 v21.4: Bar chart in folder panel background September 14th, 2021 v21.3: New “Transfer Field Data” tool August 6th, 2021 v21.2: More fields now sync to CLZ Cloud / Music Connect June 16th, 2021 v21.1: New Link Discs with Core screen May 6th, 2021 v21.0.2 Various improvements and fixes March 4th, 2021 v21.0: New: Pre-fill fields while adding albums January 18th, 2021 v20.6 Easier access to the Manage Pick Lists screen August 24th, 2020 v20.5: Changing your folder field is now much easier July 28th, 2020 v20.4: Faster image downloads, faster Update from Core June 25th, 2020 v20.3: Faster Shelves View + 2 new Shelf Styles June 4th, 2020 v20.2 Faster CLZ Cloud syncing! March 25th, 2020 v20.1 Improved music file cataloging February 26th, 2020 v20.0.2 Better Tag editing / Faster syncing February 5th, 2020 v20: Folder panel improvements + new Statistics screen January 13th, 2020 19.3: Many more fields now sync with the CLZ Cloud (inc. Back Cover)! October 18th, 2019 v19.2.1: New: Duplicate Finder tool April 12th, 2019 v19.1.2: More tweaks to the Add button March 25th, 2019 v19.1: Three cool tweaks requested by our users March 6th, 2019 v19.0: multiple collections, auto-sync images, 64-bit and a new Flex template! December 17th, 2018 v18.4.1: More fields now sync to CLZ Cloud and CLZ Music August 13th, 2018 v18.3.1: Secure HTTPS connections July 30th, 2018 v18.2.1: Selection checkboxes / New Action Bars May 29th, 2018