What's new in Music Collector for Windows?
Music Collector (Windows)
February 26th, 2020
This one is for the music file catalogers among you! In this version 20.1, we have enhanced the music file cataloging features of Music Collector and added support for more file formats.
- Better reading/writing of file tags:
- Support for FLAC file tags (READ/WRITE) + covers and disc indexes.
- Support for DSF file tags (READ ONLY).
- Support for AIF file tags (READ ONLY).
- Support for ID3v2 tags (READING) (ID3v3 was already supported).
- If the tags for number of discs for your music files is off, the program will recognise the issue, and won’t create empty discs.
- Better parsing of folders and file structure:
- Improved album parsing based on folder structure (also looks at disc indexes or disc numbers in folder titles).
- The program now tries to look for CD1/CD2 or Disc 1/Disc 2 folders and use that information accordingly.
- New Parse Settings button that takes you to the Options screen to add “parse formats”.
- Creating a new parse format: You can now click a parse item to add it.
- Edit Screen: you can now browse and select multiple files in one go to add to the file links tab of an album.
Now recognises multiple file tags better and groups multi-disc albums better:
Now finds the cover inside FLAC files:
- Submitting an album to Core could generate a wrong error.
v21.0: New: Pre-fill fields while adding albums January 18th, 2021 v20.6 Easier access to the Manage Pick Lists screen August 24th, 2020 v20.5: Changing your folder field is now much easier July 28th, 2020 v20.4: Faster image downloads, faster Update from Core June 25th, 2020 v20.3: Faster Shelves View + 2 new Shelf Styles June 4th, 2020 v20.2 Faster CLZ Cloud syncing! March 25th, 2020 v20.1 Improved music file cataloging February 26th, 2020 v20.0.2 Better Tag editing / Faster syncing February 5th, 2020 v20: Folder panel improvements + new Statistics screen January 13th, 2020 19.3: Many more fields now sync with the CLZ Cloud (inc. Back Cover)! October 18th, 2019 v19.2.1: New: Duplicate Finder tool April 12th, 2019 v19.1.2: More tweaks to the Add button March 25th, 2019 v19.1: Three cool tweaks requested by our users March 6th, 2019 v19.0: multiple collections, auto-sync images, 64-bit and a new Flex template! December 17th, 2018 v18.4.1: More fields now sync to CLZ Cloud and CLZ Music August 13th, 2018 v18.3.1: Secure HTTPS connections July 30th, 2018 v18.2.1: Selection checkboxes / New Action Bars May 29th, 2018 v18.1: Full support for larger text size / Several Add screen tweaks April 10th, 2018 Faster and better results when adding albums by Artist/Title February 13th, 2018 v18: Auto-Cloud-Syncing, revamped Edit screen, new “Clean” template and more! December 19th, 2017 v17.1.1: A completely new Add Albums screen! July 12th, 2017 v17.0.3: Added search-as-you-type to pick list fields March 16th, 2017 Now live: Better Discogs searching March 16th, 2017 V17.0.1: Major updates to the Quick Search and Image Viewer popup! February 14th, 2017 v16.4.1: CLZ Cloud: Your track lists and artist sort names now sync October 24th, 2016