What's new in CLZ Movies for Android?
CLZ Movies (Android)
v5: IMDb rating and votes, Add by IMDb, Multiple collections, automatic syncing of your own images, and: now a subscription app!
July 4th, 2019
It’s finally here: CLZ Movies 5.0, for both iOS and Android!
New in v5:
- Now supports and syncs multiple collections
- Automatic cloud-syncing of your own “custom” images
- Get IMDb Number of Votes from Core (Premium)
- Batch Update IMDb Ratings & Votes from Core (Premium)
- Add Movies by IMDb Number/URL (Premium)
- Re-designed top-bar and main menu
On top of that:
CLZ Movies is now a subscription app
To allow us to keep delivering our CLZ online services (CLZ Cloud and CLZ Core) and our continuous updates to the app, the app has now become a subscription app. For new users, this subscription is necessary for access to the CLZ online services:
- CLZ Core: for adding movies by title or barcode
- CLZ Cloud: for online backups and syncing between devices
- Adding by IMDb Number/URL
- Getting and updating IMDb Ratings and Votes from Core
What if you already purchased the app earlier?
Of course, since you have purchased the app earlier, you have automatically received a “Basic”-level app unlock. Which means:
- You keep ALL functionality that you had before. In particular, you keep full access to your existing Core and Cloud functionality. You do not lose anything.
- You can still update your app to v5 and enjoy the new “non-premium” improvements.
- You can keep updating your app and keep geting our app improvements.
- You do not need to pay for a subscription.
If, for any reason, the app does not unlock to the Basic level for you, please CONTACT US here and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.
Optional “Premium” Services that do require a subscription
So… you will get everything you had before (and more), without paying again.
However, with v5 we are offering several new, optional Premium online services, that do require a subscription:
- Get IMDb Number of Votes from Core
- Batch Update IMDb Ratings & Votes from Core
- Add Movies by IMDb Number/URL
What’s new in CLZ Movies 5.0 ?
Now supports and syncs multiple collections !
It is now possible to manage multiple “collections” within your app. The collections you create will be listed in the main menu, so you can easily switch between them.
Use the menu to add new collections, edit their names, change the order, etc…
Multiple collections now also sync through the CLZ Cloud, e.g. to/from the Movie Connect cloud-based software or the Movie Collector desktop software. So if you have created multiple collections on the desktop side, these will now finally be separated on the mobile app too!
Already have multiple collections in the CLZ Cloud?
If you already have multiple collections in the CLZ Cloud, here’s what to do to get your existing entries split up into multiple collections on your mobile app too:
1. Tap the menu top left
2. Tap “Sync with CLZ Cloud” and make sure you’re in sync.
3. Tap the menu top left again and tap “Maintenance”
4. Tap “Update all from CLZ Cloud”
5. Now use “Sync with CLZ Cloud” from the menu again.
Automatic cloud-syncing of your own “custom” images
Before v5, if you replaced the automatic Core front cover with your own image (e.g. from Camera Roll), it would not automatically sync to the CLZ Cloud. You had to “force” the upload by using Upload to CLZ Cloud in the Edit screen.
For version 5 we made this more automatic. We introduced a new toggle “Custom Image” in the Edit screen. This toggle will be automatically set when you replace the Core image. Once the Custom Image toggle is set, that cover will automatically sync to and from the CLZ Cloud.
IMDb Votes (requires subscription)
Adding new movies will now give you the amount of votes from IMDb, refreshed every day.
You can also sort by number of IMDb votes to see which movie has the most votes on IMDb.
Update your IMDb Ratings and Votes in one go (requires subscription)
The new IMDb content license gives us fresh daily updates of the IMDb Ratings and Votes, so let’s make use of that daily fresh data now!
– Tap and hold on a movie, then tap Select All
– Tap the blue button bottom right
– Tap Update IMDb ratings/votes from CLZ Core
This will connect to our Core and retrieve fresh IMDb Ratings and Votes for all selected movies. Don’t worry, this won’t take long. We have implemented a super efficient system that can update ratings/votes in chunks of 100 movies in one go.
When done, it will report the number of movies it has updated the Ratings and Votes for.
Add Movies by IMDb Number or URL (requires subscription)
Can’t find a movie in our Core? But it is on IMDb?
Then use the new “IMDb” tab in the Add Movies screen, for finding and adding movies straight from their IMDb Nr or URL.
The movie entry will then be retrieved from IMDb automatically AND added to our Core, so that you can then immediately Add it to your database!
Re-designed top-bar and main menu
- The menu icon now includes the “CLZ Movies” mark (bigger tap area)
- The “Collection Status” filter button has been moved to the right
- The menu now clearly shows your Account and App Status at the top. Tap either of those to manage them.
- New “Maintenance” screen that now contains:
- the “Clear Database” option
- the “old Import from Movie Collector” option
- the new “Update from CLZ Cloud” option (only use when instructed by support staff)
How to update your CLZ Movies app to version 5:
- On your device, open the Play Store app.
- Tap the menu button on the top left, then tap “My apps & games”.
- Find the CLZ Movies entry and tap “UPDATE” on the right.