What's new in Comic Connect?
New: Back up / Restore your database
March 27th, 2017
Whilst we make daily backups for you on our own servers, you can now create your own backup of your Connect database and download it to your computer!
If you ever make a big mistake and lose valuable data, you can upload a previously downloaded backup file and restore it to your current database.
How does it work?
Login to your Connect account, click the “Wrench” icon and then click “Backup” to open the new Backup page.
On the Backup page you have two boxes that are important here:
- Left box: “Your Current Database“, containing the number of comics in your database on Connect.
- Right box: “Online Backup File“, containing the number of comics in your personal online backup file.
You can use the blue buttons to “Generate Backup File” or “Restore Backup File“. You can use the green buttons to download or upload a backup file to or from your computer.
Create and download a backup file:
- Click the blue “Create Backup File” button to generate an “Online Backup File” from your current database.
- Download the backup file by clicking the green “Download Backup” button.
Upload and restore a backup file:
- Upload a (previously downloaded) backup file by clicking the green “Upload Backup” button.
- Select the backup file on your computer and upload it.
- The page will now process the backup file you’ve uploaded and put it in your “Online Backup File” box.
- Click the blue “Restore Backup File” button to restore the “Online Backup File” back to your current database.
Three new slab-related fields, plus a new look for slabs! March 1st, 2023 New report after Updating Key Info January 30th, 2023 View Last “Update Values” Report November 2nd, 2022 CovrPrice Values: Export to CSV or Print to PDF October 28th, 2022 Two improvements to the CovrPrice integration October 24th, 2022 Get comic values from CovrPrice! October 4th, 2022 ReLink Core Variant + Improved Card View August 5th, 2022 Improved Pull List and new “Discover” mode! July 29th, 2022 Bigger cover images in Add Comics screen July 18th, 2022 New collection view : Vertical Cards! July 7th, 2022 Lots of new features and tweaks in one go! June 29th, 2022 Improved Pre-fill screen: choose your own fields! March 4th, 2022 Minor Keys vs Major Keys and Key Categories January 12th, 2022 New “Add from Core” settings: select which fields you want to download from Core November 25th, 2021 New: Progress bars for slower actions November 24th, 2021 Improved Missing Comics screen November 10th, 2021 Automatic key comic info from Core and lots more November 8th, 2021 No more automatic comic values from GoCollect October 29th, 2021 Search by Barry / Cloud Visibility per Collection September 21st, 2021 Easier Columns & Sorting / remove Core covers / more Field Defaults September 1st, 2021 Enhanced Collection Status filter and new Update from Core tool August 16th, 2021 New: add website links to your comic entries March 18th, 2021 3 new settings to save screen space February 19th, 2021 Now download values in other currencies January 29th, 2021 Improved Pre-fill screen for adding comics December 10th, 2020