What's new in CLZ Books for iOS?
Here it is, the big 8.0 release of your CLZ Books app, in which we add SEVEN new data fields.
All fields were added based on feedback from you all, the users of the app.
Four of these fields were already available in the Book Collector desktop software and can now finally be synced through the CLZ Cloud to the CLZ Books mobile app (Cover Artist, Foreword Author, Ghostwriter and Box Set).
The other three fields are completely new to all 3 of our book cataloging solutions (Signed By, Dust Jacket and Number Line).
BTW: similar updates have also been released for the Book Collector desktop software and the Book Connect web-based software, so all 7 fields now nicely sync between all of them.
Seven new data fields:
- 3 new Credit fields on the new Credits tab:
- Cover Artist
- Foreword Author
- Signed By, for adding the names of people who signed your copy
- Dust Jacket (yes/no)
- Number Line for indicating the print run of a book (also called Printer’s Key)
- Support for book box sets with the Box Set field, including sub fields:
- Sort Name
- Publication Date
- Front/Back Cover
The box set fields:
The rest of the new fields in the Edit Screen:
How to create a Box Set of books:
- Add the books from the box set as you would normally add them.
- Select the books in your collection.
- Use the “AZ” sort button top right in your list of books to sort by “Date Added” (so your most recently added books will appear at the top of your list!)
- Tap and hold on one of the books from the box set, then tap the other books from the box set.
- Tap the “Action” button bottom right and tap “Edit”.
- Choose the Box Set field from the list, and tap “Edit” top right.
- Tap the box set field and add a new one, enter some details about the box set, and tap “Done”.
- Tap “Done” again, and the box set has been added to the books of your selection!