What's new in Book Collector for macOS?
Book Collector (macOS)
September 18th, 2018
The Add Books Automatically screen is now called “Add Books from CLZ Core” and includes improvements to make it both easier-to-use and easier-on-the-eye:
- Single Search Box: Just one box for search (e.g. like Google or Amazon). No more separate Author and Title boxes. Just enter (part of) the author’s name and (part of) the title and you will get the best matching results. (see the screen shot above with “crichton jurassic” results”).
- Big blue buttons for the main actions, Searching and Adding, can’t miss ’em 🙂
- Automatic Preview, just select a result (no more need for double clicking)
- Use the popup in the “Add” button to change it to add to “Collection” or “Wish List”
- Search by Publisher and Year: Getting a lot of results? Filter down to the book edition you’re looking for by adding the publisher and/or publication year to your search! (see screen shot below)
v18.3.1: Updated “Add Books from CLZ Core” screen September 18th, 2018 Success rate for ISBN searches now 97%! (was 90%) August 6th, 2018 v18.2.1: Secure HTTPS connections May 31st, 2018 v18.1: New: 64-bit version of Book Collector! April 17th, 2018 v18: Auto-Cloud-Syncing + Performance improvements March 29th, 2018 v17.1.2: Now compatible with macOS 10.13 “High Sierra” September 21st, 2017 v17.1.1: Now sync your Loan Information to CLZ Cloud / Book Connect! July 27th, 2017 V17.0.1: Major updates to the Quick Search and Image Viewer popup! March 7th, 2017 v16.1.5: New: Find Cover tool in “Unrecognized ISBN” screen December 22nd, 2016 v16.1.1: New: Easily add books that come up as “Unrecognized ISBN” November 3rd, 2016 v16.0.1: Book Collector V16: Quicksilver February 17th, 2016