What's new in Game Collector for Windows?
Another update for your Game Collector software, that could make using the software quite a bit faster and more responsive!
In this update, we are changing the way Youtube trailer videos are shown in the details panel. Instead of an embedded YouTube player (which can be very slow to load), the trailers are displayed as a list of video thumbnails and title. Just click to open the video on the Youtube site.
This new setup has the following advantages:
- Browsing through your games is a lot faster now.
No more annoying “hangs” while the Youtube video loads.
- It resolves the problem of many videos not being “allowed” to be embedded nowadays.
- Clicking a trailer will now always open it in your default browser!
(previously it always opened in Internet Explorer)
Prefer the trailer videos to be embedded?
Wanna go back to having playable trailer videos embedded inside the details area?
Just use the new setting that can be found under “Tools > Options > Customization”, at the bottom:
- PriceCharting values were missing from the Add Games screen
- The “Loose Value” column could show the wrong value