What's new in Game Collector for Windows?
Game Collector (Windows)
April 10th, 2017
For Game Collector, the v17.1 update has turned out to be a bigger update then the v16 to v17 update 🙂
Because for v17.1 we have added several game-specific fields and features, especially targeted at the serious video game collector:
New “Completeness” field: Loose vs CIB vs New
This is for the real video game collectors, especially those that are into collecting retro games:
- Added: a new “Completeness” field, to indicate how complete your copy of a game is. Choose from:
- Loose, meaning “cartridge or disc only”.
- CIB, meaning “Complete In Box”, everything included.
- New, meaning CIB and also still sealed.
- Two extra checkbox fields “Manual” and “Box”.
To further specify the “Loose” status. You know, for those cartridges with just a manual, no box. Or in a box, but with the manual missing.
- Use the Completeness field as folder field for the folder panel.
- Filter by Completeness status using the Quick Filter Panel.
- Check menu Tools > Database Totals for new value totals.
Improved downloading of game values from PriceCharting.com
- Automatically get up-to-date game values from PriceCharting.com, now based on the new Completeness field, Loose, CIB or New.
- Game values from PriceCharting are now always up-to-date, as we update them weekly through their live API.
- Batch update game values for all your games, using Tools / Update Values from Core.
Enhanced cloud syncing: now sync 10 more fields
- Platform: now sync now your own Platform names, including platforms that are not in our Core list.
- Completeness (Loose vs CIB cs New)
- Box Yes/No
- Manual Yes/No
- Main Screen:
- Images Popup didn’t show box set covers
- Nothing would show when switching to Cards view after applying the quick filters
- Select random didn’t always work properly in a filtered list
- Quick Search Suggestions:
- Selecting an item from the suggestion list would sometimes do nothing with a grouping on more than one field active
- Clicking the “show all results for…” label after pasting a search string with the mouse didn’t always perform the search
- Quick Search: “matches:” followed by nothing would result in a “regular expression required” error
- Scaled images for thumbnails, CLZ Games export, etc. are now saved without metadata for smaller file sizes and better performance
- Manage Pick Lists: Deleting text from the search box would initiate “remove item”
- Import from XML: price and value fields weren’t always imported correctly
- Import from Text: fields were not properly imported when delimiter appeared in field value
- Sync with Cloud: HTML in plot and notes fields didn’t always sync down properly
- Editing/Adding Pick List items: it was possible to create duplicate items with identical Display Names