A comic book is a key when it’s important to the plot, character, or series. This can impact the value or relevance of/to the comic.
In the CLZ app, this key information is already implemented in Core. You may want to update regularly to keep this up to date.
Key information is automatically filled in when adding a comic to your database. You can view a total of your key comics in the statistics screen.
This will show you the total keys and keys total per category.
- A minor key comic can be recognized by the blue key icon
- A major key comic can be recognized by the yellow key icon
The key information will be visible on the comic entry and can also be viewed in the series folder.
Update key information
You can easily update your key comic information on the “Update Key Info” tab.
- Tap on the menu button in the top left corner.
- Tap the “Update Key Info” button under the tools section.
- Select the key settings.
- Tap “Update Keys”.
Filter on key
You can filter your key comics within your collection. This can be done by grouping the comics.
Tap the folder icon on the left corner and choose key comic.
Edit key information
You can edit key information in the key tab on the “Edit Comic Screen”, this includes minor/major and key reasons.
Pick a “Key Category” according to your key reason. This can help you categorise your collection even better!
Replace & clear
Q: When updating keys what is the difference between the Replace and Replace & Clear options?
A: Here’s what these do:
- the Replace option is needed if you want the Update tool to also replace existing key info in your database with the key info from Core. That will help to get Core changes, like minor keys that are turned into majors (or vice versa), or updated key reasons, etc…
- Replace & Clear option also removes key info from your database if our Core says “no key!”. That sometimes happens if we remove incorrect key info Core.
Important: if you add key info manually, e.g. for comics you think are key, but Core doesn’t, then do not use the clear option, because that will remove those manually added keys.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.