The Submit to Core feature is a great way to help improve our Core online comic database.
With the submit to Core feature you can:
- Submit new comics that are not in Core yet
- Submit corrections to existing Core entries
To preserve data quality and consistency, and to help our content managers, please follow these guidelines:
Direct and Newsstand Editions
When submitting a missing Direct or Newsstand edition, it is totally fine to take an existing edition that IS in Core, edit it and then submit it as the “other” edition, but make sure to actually modify all fields that are different, especially Variant, Variant Description, Barcode, and the Cover Image.
In particular: always fill in the Variant and Variant Description fields, as follows:
- for Direct Editions, use A as the Variant and use “Direct Edition” as the Variant Description (not just “Direct”)
- for Newsstand Editions, use B as the Variant and use “Newsstand Edition” as the Variant Description (not just “Newsstand”)
File in the Barcode field as follows::
- When submitting Newsstand editions, always include the barcode.
- When submitting Direct editions – and your Direct Edition DOESN’T have a barcode listed – make sure the Barcode field is empty. Do not submit the Newsstand barcode.
Finally, if you include a cover image, make sure it is the correct one.
Don’t have the correct cover? Then it’s better to leave it empty.
When submitting a missing variant, it is totally fine to take an existing variant that IS in Core, edit it and then submit it as the new variant, but make sure to actually modify all fields that are different, especially Variant, Variant Description, Barcode, and the Cover Image.
- When submitting a new cover variant other than the regular A cover, you must include a Variant letter and Variant Description, e.g. listing the Cover Artist of that particular cover variant, store exclusive info, etc…
- Guideline for Variant letters: use the last 2 digits of the barcode extension:
- …11 is A
- …21 is B
- …31 is C
- …41 is D
- When submitting a cover variant, a cover image must be included. If in any way possible, including the one you scanned yourself or one you found online.
A quick camera snap could be useful to help us recognize the variant, but we don’t want to run the risk of inadvertently including those in Core, so please no self-made photos.
- Please, no spaces or dashes
- Make sure to include the 5-digit or 2-digit barcode extension. This part is essential for identifying the extra issue and variant.
- Do not submit images with watermarks
- Submit JPG images (not PNG) and keep the image file size below 800kb and below a resolution of 1000×1000px. We don’t want to be too strict in this, but we have to draw the line somewhere, as we sometimes receive multi-megabyte, 6000×4000px images which are just clogging up the system.
- Do not submit Preview Art as the Cover Image. If you don’t have the actual cover image, just do not submit a cover image.
Do not use the Plot field to enter a message to us about your submission, as your message may actually end up in the Core as the Plot!
If you need to provide extra info about your submissions, just contact us through the CLZ Help Center.
When submitting key comic information:
- Stick to our Key Reason naming conventions, “1st app. of ….”, that is,
- use “1st”, not “first”
- use “app.” not “appearance”
- for Cover keys, use “Iconic cover by Artie Artist” or “Classic cover by Artie Artist”, not just “Cover by Artie Artist” or “Artie Artist Cover”
Number of Pages
For the Number of Pages field, we need the number INCLUDING the cover pages.
So for most comics that would be 32 (not 28).
When submitting creator lists, always use their “most commonly used name” and try to stick to the naming already used in Core.
- use “Stanley ‘Artgerm’ Lau”, not “Artgerm” or “Stanley Lau”
- use “Peach Momoko”, not “Peach”, not “Momoko”
- use “Jean ‘Moebius’ Giraud”, not “Mobius”
- use “Jochen Weltjens (Guru-eFX)”, not “Guru”
- use “Jock”, not “Mark Simpson”
- use “Junggeun Yoon”, not “Yoon” or “Junggeun”
- use “Ram V”, not “Ram Venkatesan” or “Ramnarayan Venkatesan”
We are aware that some collectors like to include creators exactly as listed on that specific comic. But for Core, we prefer consistency, if only to make the “Creator folders” feature work correctly, with just one folder for each creator.
For all fields
For all fields, series, publishers, creators, characters, etc.. do not use “ALL CAPS” or “all lowercase”. Unless of course, that is the correct spelling.
Use a real CLZ User Name, not the generated User ID
For our content managers, it is important to “get to know you”, and to learn to trust your submissions, because you always submit quality data, great cover scans, etc…
They do this by recognizing your CLZ User Name. And User Names like “TheRealDeadpool666” are easier to remember than User ID “894737”.
Set your username on your account page at my.clz.com.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.