When you are cataloging your boxes of comics, the best way to add comics to CLZ Comics is by scanning their barcodes with your device’s camera. You can add multiple comic books in one go.
This feature makes that you don’t have to search everything by series or issue name. It makes it easy to get your comic collection in fast.
Example: You have a lot of comic books and adding everything by searching it up is taking a lot of time. Easily scan the barcode and add multiple comics in one go!
As the barcode is often on the front, this is an excellent solution to adding your comics.
How to add comics by barcode?
As the barcode is often on the front, this is an excellent solution for adding your comics.
- Tap the Add Comics button on the bottom right of the screen:
- In the Add screen, at the top, choose Barcode.
- Point the camera scanner at a comic barcode until it scans it.
- Now tap the big blue “Add x comics to Collection” button in the right corner to add the comics.
Auto and EXT
The scanner has two modes which are shown on the bottom of the camera screen. These are “Auto” and “EXT”.
When the scanner is set to “Auto”, it will automatically scan every barcode you throw at it. It will automatically pick up extensions, whether 2 digits long or 5 digits long. Super easy, super quick.
In rare cases, the scanner may “give up” on finding the extension too quickly. E.g. with lower quality cameras or in “less than optimal” lighting conditions. In that case, set the scanner to “EXT” mode, which will force it to find the extension.
It is also possible to type your barcode. This can be done by tapping the keyboard icon on the left bottom of the camera screen.
Removing barcodes from the barcode queue
- Remove all barcodes: Tap the CLEAR button, bottom left.
- Remove 1 barcode: Tap and hold on that barcode and remove it.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.