Here’s what to do if you encounter errors in the downloaded book data from our central online book database:
First, check if you selected the correct book entry
The most common cause for “wrong” data we see is users selecting the wrong book entry from the search results, e.g. an edition of the book different from the one they own. So before you report a data error to our content managers, please make sure you actually selected the correct book. This can be done by re-trying the “By Author & Title” search in your Add Books Automatically screen, then taking a look at the various search results. Or better yet, search By ISBN, so that you know for sure that you are getting the correct edition of the book.
Still seeing erroneous data? Then report the error and we’ll fix it ASAP
100% sure you selected the correct book and you’re still seeing errors in the data?
Then please use our Core for Book system to report the error to us and our content managers will fix the problems as soon as possible.
Here’s how to report data errors through Core:
- In the Add Books Automatically (or Movie Collector main screen) choose “Report Data Error”
- This will take take you to the Core for Books website, with your book selected.
- (alternatively, go to Core for Books directly and find the book you want to report an error for, searching by ISBN.)
- In this data entry form, fix the data errors.
- If the cover image is incorrect, upload the correct cover image.
- Finally, click the green “Submit Changes” button at the bottom.
- Our content managers will process your changes ASAP, usually within a few days.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.